B14 Wilderness Ridge SP Bottom AICS mag conversion?

Huckelfin

FNG
I am in the process of deciding on a new bolt gun for my dead air Nomad suppressor that was just approved. I have narrowed it down to a TIkka CTR 20" or Bergara B14 Wilderness Ridge SP (18") chambered in 6.5CM, .308, or 7mm-08, haven't decided that yet. My main question is though, is it possible to change the B14 SP bottom metal to a design that allows for AICS style magazines? The only hangup I have with that rifle is that I would like to have detachable mags, otherwise I would probably purchase this one due to the 2" shorter barrel. I see there is some sort of conversion kit but it is not entirely clear to me what types of mags this will accept. I have *heard online* that the 2024 Bergara's may have a stock compatible with generic AICS style bottom metals but have not been able to confirm that.

Nakwatuk

FNG
I am in the process of deciding on a new bolt gun for my dead air Nomad suppressor that was just approved. I have narrowed it down to a TIkka CTR 20" or Bergara B14 Wilderness Ridge SP (18") chambered in 6.5CM, .308, or 7mm-08, haven't decided that yet. My main question is though, is it possible to change the B14 SP bottom metal to a design that allows for AICS style magazines? The only hangup I have with that rifle is that I would like to have detachable mags, otherwise I would probably purchase this one due to the 2" shorter barrel. I see there is some sort of conversion kit but it is not entirely clear to me what types of mags this will accept. I have *heard online* that the 2024 Bergara's may have a stock compatible with generic AICS style bottom metals but have not been able to confirm that.
For what it’s worth, I recently purchased a Bergara Wilderness Sierra 30-06 and attempted to install the long action conversion kit from BPI outdoors and it did not fit. It was too shallow of a mount in that particular Bergara stock. But either the long or short action might work well for the Ridge.