BA Fly Creek HV UL vs Copper Spur

MThuntr

WKR
Copper Spur without a doubt....2 entry points on the side verus 1 in the front. Copper Spur with 2 small vestibules works for gear on one side and boots on the other so you can sneak out to pee without pushing gear out of the way.

Both have ok designs. Get a ground cloth or make one with Tyvek as they tend to have fragile bottoms.

mlgc20

WKR
Agree with the posters above. I have the Platinum version of the Fly Creek 2. I have spent a ton of nights in it and love it. The Fly Creek is lighter than the comparable versions of the Copper Spur. But, the Copper Spur is better in every other way. Side entry. Two vestibules. Freestanding. Better design. If they made the Platinum Copper Spur when I got FC2, I would have gone that way.

mlgc20

WKR
Which version of the copper spur do you all prefer the best?
For hunting purposes I prefer the Hotel version of the Copper Spur. I like having the huge vestibule space for cooking in the rain or protecting all my gear. You can bring your gear into the tent with the other versions. But, it's a luxury to be able to just leave it outside but still have it protected. For regular backpacking, the Hotel version is overkill IMO.

For hunting purposes I prefer the Hotel version of the Copper Spur. I like having the huge vestibule space for cooking in the rain or protecting all my gear. You can bring your gear into the tent with the other versions. But, it's a luxury to be able to just leave it outside but still have it protected. For regular backpacking, the Hotel version is overkill IMO.

Cool thanks. Kind of exactly what I am looking for. I need a "home base" tent. When spiking/backpacking I have a tarp that I love and am comfortable with. I had an REI Quarter dome home base tent for close to 10 years that was outstanding. It finally took a dump last year in Wyo and was looking at the Copper Spur. Through my work I am able to get a discount through Big Agnes and a lot of people talk highly of the copper spur

OP
F
Mine came and I love it. Super light. Didn’t realiZe there was a “ hotel version “