Baby carrier

Ok what's everyone using to carry your youngsters with you.
My wife and I are due for our first in March.
What have yall found to work? Backpack style or front carry?
Any specific brand and model would be greatly appreciated!

ChromeKype

Lil-Rokslider
Deuter! Way better than the others I’ve tried. Fantastic comfort and kiddo loves it. The kelty and osprey looked alright but some say the osprey rubs and isn’t comfy. The deuter has a ton of great features, too many to write about. I wouldn’t change if someone gave me another pack for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jn78

Lil-Rokslider
Front carry is terrible once they are past about ten pounds.
Agreed, but the front carry is the only way to go until their necks get strong. Our babies got fat fast. So fat that our pediatrician called my wife's boobs Ben and Jerry.

teamvit

Lil-Rokslider
Buy a used one on Facebook or Craigslist and strap it to your hunting pack. It is the most cost efficient and comfortable option.

I have a Dueter mounted on an x-curve. But like others mentioned, you can't carry your kids in those style carriers until they are a little older.

We had a Tula when he was little and it worked fine. Its the only one I have experience with, so I can't compare to others however.

92xj

WKR
Once they can hold their heads up, I'd recommend the below

Vandy321

WKR
You can put the osprey carrier on a kifaru frame...

Edit: someone say Murray. The link above covers it. Didn't mean to double-tap.

I have a Dueter. My kid and myself find in comfortable enough. He was in it first at about 8 months and it has lots and lots of room to grow with him from there

Austink47

WKR
Dueter was awesome when my daughter got bigger. Enough storage for a day hike, we even did overnight trips, plenty of spots to strap a shelter or dry bag to it. Ergo front carrier was great while she was little, caught lots of fish with her in it. Congratulations!!! Best thing that ever happened to me.

xcutter

WKR
We have a Kestrel baby carrier backpack style. It was a hand me down. It works okay but kills your shoulders. I ended up taking the straps off and belt then attached it on a Kuiu Icon frame. Fit like it was made for it. Worked awesome. Sold that setup though. Just an idea if you can get an Icon frame cheap.

22lr

WKR
I've used Deuter and Osprey, I prefer how the Osprey carried but the Deuter is a bit easier to get larger toddlers in/out.

jmez

WKR
I used an Osprey. Had no issues and I never found it uncomfortable.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

TXCO

WKR
I bought an Osprey during the REI fall sale. Figured I could return it for a deuter if its uncomfortable. Beauty of REIs return policy

OP
HuntInWild88
Thanks for all the suggestions and insight. Im excited to get our little girl in the outdoors

JATails

FNG
We went with Dueter and are happy with it but don't have any experience on others. We purchased it during a spring REI sale at the start of lock-down.

JKnight

FNG
We bought a deuter kid comfort III off ebay and have put a bunch of miles on it. It is extremely adjustable for my daughter and for us as well. We really like it and would buy another if needed.