Baby Duplex/ Kifaru Want-to-Be (pic heavy)

mt100gr.

WKR
Anyone remember the Blacks Creek Capt. Rigg-Itt modular pack system. I bought one a few years ago with the treestand hauler and used it primarily for that. Once in awhile I would use it to haul quarters with the treestand attachment but never bought any pack bags for it. It has a vertical "pals-like" webbing matrix and all the attachmennts zip on across the bottom.

I always found this frame really comfortable and love the idea of modular pack systems. on a number of occasions, I would retro-fit other back packs to the frame but never really liked how they attached and never felt like I gained anything. Then Blacks Creek discontinued the line and the frame went on the shelf.

Then I found Kifaru. Actually, I found Kifaru a few years ago, this year I took "the plunge" as I have heard many Roksliders refer to. I ordered a Duplex Frame, Nomad, Camp Bag, Long Hunter Lid, a few pouches, pockets, long pockets, etc. (I got the bug pretty bad and packs have always been my weakness)

While I waited, I decided to tinker with the Rigg-Itt frame a little. Then I got an idea. All the modular stuff from Kifaru would work pretty well for certain applications on this smaller frame. I added some tab loops on the side and straps to the top (for the lid) and ordered a few more Kifaru goodies that would ship sooner than the big unit.

I also added some versatile center straps and attached a bladder pack that hangs against the frame panel. I can also hang lock and load pockets or attach the top buckles for the treestand hauler.

Now that all my Kifaru gear is here, I had to see how it worked out.
Here it is with an E&E.

And here with an E&E and a side-zip long pocket.

And here with a Long Hunter Lid over them.

The Camp Bag and Grab-It II also work well.

This wont replace my Duplex/ Nomad setup for hunting and the Rigg-Itt frame is not what I would call a heavy hauler but its comfortable and now, very versatile. For checking cameras, shed hunting, and general hiking around its pretty nice.

It was fun to piece together another pack system and it just goes to show how versatile Kifaru gear is.

OP
M

mt100gr.

WKR
The frame has ridiculously long horizontal compression straps that would go around a lot more than I'd want to carry...and I have a set with g-hooks too.

I don't know if I'll use it much....just another option.