Baby red tail hawk in the nest

Four baby Merlin falcons in the nest.
aa3fa593644a1f577babcd899af96adc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Indyal

Indyal

Lil-Rokslider
Well, there are 2 of them. And they’ve grown quickly.D481E661-26C0-4569-A620-76A19B7679AC.jpeg

Last edited:

DESERT ED

FNG
Nice... we have some American Kestrel chicks living in a hole in our house. I went out to board it up but decided to let them move out on their own. Love raptors.

Nice... we have some American Kestrel chicks living in a hole in our house. I went out to board it up but decided to let them move out on their own. Love raptors.

Cool. The male Sparrow hawk IMO, is the prettiest falcon, bar non. Years ago as a kid, we had a pair that would nest in our barn. I kind of miss not seeing them, as we don't have them in AK.

I (illegally), raised several hawks and owls as a kid, then eventually got my apprentice falconry license when I was 16. I became a General falconer a couple years later but ended up getting out of it shortly there after. By the time I reached 18 and started working full time, I guess I decided that chasing girls during my spare time was a little more interesting than falconry. I never lost my admiration for the sport or the birds though.

raptor16

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve always loved falconry. I had a kestrel as an apprentice for two years and then decided I didn’t want to spend as much time doing it as it really requires to be fair to the bird.