Bachelor party shooting games?

Azone

WKR
Titles pretty self explanatory fellas. Instead of the stereotypical wild party where people wake up feeling guilty and depressed afraid they will soon be divorced, we've opted for a shoot out in the mountains instead at a friends cabin. Four locked gates and eight miles of dirt roads should some what protect civilization from us for the weekend.
What are some good games that involve guns that you guys have played or been involved with in the past? It will probably start off as friendly competition, but if I know my friends it will end up pretty competitive and wild once the money and bets start getting placed on the table and the shit talking commences.
We will have the following at our disposal:
1500 to 2000 clay pigeons.
Shotguns
Several pounds of Tanerite.
Rifles ranging from 22's to 45-70 and everything in between.
An assorted variety of pistols.
Still waiting on few responses for a truck load of pumpkins to use as test subjects as well.
Any replies and ideas are appreciated. The party for my friend is this weekend.

sndmn11

WKR
Setup a course like golf would be with foursomes. Each green has four clays hanging or fixed or whatever. Come up with 2-4 tee boxes, each progressively easier shots. Mulligans cost $X that goes to the wedding booze fund or honeymoon fund or whatever.

tgus59

Lil-Rokslider
Clay Pigeon game.

1 thrower, 2 shooters

Shooter 1 calls pull, and gets first shot.
hit = 1 point
miss = minus 1 point
hit- but hit again by #2= zero points

Shooter 2 can shoot after #1 shoots. If shooter 1 misses, and #2 hits, he gets a point. If shooter 1 hits, but only breaks the clay into a couple/few pieces, and #2 is able to clearly break one of the pieces, he steals the point from #1. #2 isn't penalized for a miss.

Rotate from #1 to #2 out. Set the order however you want, and mix it up if you play more than once.

First to 7 wins.

tb80

FNG
Setup a course like golf would be with foursomes. Each green has four clays hanging or fixed or whatever. Come up with 2-4 tee boxes, each progressively easier shots. Mulligans cost $X that goes to the wedding booze fund or honeymoon fund or whatever.
That sounds fun.

OP
Azone

Azone

WKR
Good stuff so far guys, thanks for the responses.
Looks like I also need to pack a axe or two.😆

bmf0713

WKR
Annie Oakley trap game. We do it all the time. Fun and can play for bragging rights and/or money. Russian roulette for the poor bastard getting married.

I'll second the Annie Oakley shotgun game.

One thrower, everybody else lines up side by side as shooters. Once the clay pigeon is thrown only the first shooter can fire, if he misses the second shooter can fire, if the second shooter hits then the first shooter is out, if the first and second shooter miss and the third shooter hits, then both the first and second shooters are out. If anybody shoots out of turn they are out. Last man standing wins.

OP
Azone

Azone

WKR
Annie Oakley trap game. We do it all the time. Fun and can play for bragging rights and/or money. Russian roulette for the poor bastard getting married.
I'll second the Annie Oakley shotgun game.

One thrower, everybody else lines up side by side as shooters. Once the clay pigeon is thrown only the first shooter can fire, if he misses the second shooter can fire, if the second shooter hits then the first shooter is out, if the first and second shooter miss and the third shooter hits, then both the first and second shooters are out. If anybody shoots out of turn they are out. Last man standing wins.

We definitely will be playing Annie Oakley. As for the Russian roulette, I think he picked a good one to settle down with and it wont be necessary, yet. But if they end up getting divorced I will probably end up having first or second dibs on all his hunting gear he will be selling so he can cover attorney cost. He does have some nice things, maybe some strippers and a camera would be a wise investment for me.

This one works best with an AR or similar rifle, a lever gun would work too:

Line up the group at 25 yards away from a steel target. Each shooter gets one shot at the target. standing unsupported. If you miss you wait until the line is done shooting, then get a second chance at the target. Miss a second shot you are out of the competition.

Then move the line back 25 more yards and repeat, then another 25 yards, etc. The further back you go the more shooter numbers will dwindle from the line. last man standing gets a prize.

If you want to do it with pistols start in at about 15 yards and work back 5 yards at a time, rifles really push out sometimes on yardage....

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
We’ve set up some fun little 3 gun courses on our ranch over the years. Start with pistol, have to hit 6 targets and different yardages and sizes. Move to shotgun, have to hit 4 clays total launching two at a time. Move to rifle and have to hit 3 targets, 1 at 100, 1 at 200, and 1 at 300. Fastest time wins.
Takes a bit of set up time for each person but it’s very fun and competitive.

87TT

WKR
I like Annie Oakley or Custer. There are others and I just ran a Meat Shoot for our local club. BUT and I stress a big BUT alcohol or drugs should be banned from the entire weekend if guns are to be present any where on the grounds. I have first hand experience with a bachelor weekend where a young man accidentally killed himself while packing to leave while maybe still a little hung over. I am president of a gun club and love to shoot but want no one to get hurt and no family to go through that.
PM me if you want and I can email you some rules we used. Good Luck.

Sorta like Annie oakley but we call it chips...every else is the same but if shooter 1 hits and shooter 2 can bust one of the pieces of the clay shooter 1 broke then shooter 1 is out..and if shooter 3 can break a chip after shooter 2 hits a chip from shooter 1..then 1 and 2 are out. Nobodys safe...lol
Be safe and have fun!

OP
Azone

Azone

WKR
To put some minds at ease on here, there will be no getting hammered and screwing around with guns. I've watched a guy shoot himself in the foot before with a .270 while hog hunting when I was a teenager. That accident has stuck with me my whole life and believe me when I say I have no interest in joining the "dumbasses with guns club".
As soon as the shooting portion is over all guns will be cased, locked in vehicles. I plan on attending the wedding the following weekend, not a funeral. It's a pretty tight knit group that will be up there and everyone attending knows that if they get caught drinking while shooting they will be asked off the property. There will be all night to catch a buzz and a hangover, no need to do it while shooting.
One of my friends fathers is the property owner and he will be in attendance. He doesn't hand out warnings, just ass chewings that you dont want to be on the receiving end of.

Consider something that makes a keepsake. Like a metal object (my mind goes to an empty scuba tank) with a target labeled with each shooters name. Put it at whatever range they should be good at, say 100 yards, and let them take one shot.

their shot, hit or miss, is immortalized on their target with their name. No pressure, right?

Titan

WKR
We like to add spicy foods into our competitions like this. The loser of the round would have to eat a tortilla chip with some sort of extreme hot sauce, etc. We also created a system that chose the sauce - mild to hot, number of drops, and minutes until able to drink.

There are usually no winners about 12 hours later.