Back bar only.....?

I have always used a front stabilizer or counter slide set up. This year i had a 15” bar on front and 10” back bar with 5oz. I noticed my pin would always dip low so I took the front bar off and this seemed to clean up. Wondering if this has something that to do with prime bows and the grip being in the center? Anyone else out there find that their bow balances better and pin movement reduces with just a back bar?

Rob5589

WKR
No but, I use whatever works for the particular bow. Front only, front and back, none at all.

TBHasler

WKR
I had the Centergy for a few years and honestly shot it best without any stabilizers. They are balanced to hold on target really well. If the lone bar In the back works...it works!

OP
S
Ya I have a heavy site, heavy rest, quiver etc... so I need something offset that but vertically it sits pretty nice without anything. Bow weighs 8.5 lbs so it’s a bit of a tank but shoots well.

Zac

WKR
I have a weird setup on the new Hoyt. Was holding well with front and back bar but arrow flight was awful. I'm using 2oz on the short stop with an empty 10 inch back bar. Not sure how well it's gonna hold yet.

Marble

WKR
I have always used a front stabilizer or counter slide set up. This year i had a 15” bar on front and 10” back bar with 5oz. I noticed my pin would always dip low so I took the front bar off and this seemed to clean up. Wondering if this has something that to do with prime bows and the grip being in the center? Anyone else out there find that their bow balances better and pin movement reduces with just a back bar?
What's the weight on the front?

I would move a substantial amount to the back and get rear bias up.

I had the same issue a month ago and had inadvertently out more weight on the front. Switched the weights and the problem was solved.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

OP
S
No weight out front, just the bar, 5 oz on back. Seems like if I have any weight on the front bar my pin is always dipping low.

I just posted on Archery Talk on this very topic. I think I am only running a back bar this year to off set the sight and quiver weight on the bow.

I never could see any gains when running a front bar over none at all.

OP
S
No weight out front, just the bar, 5 oz on back. Seems like if I have any weight on the front bar my pin is always dipping low.
Ya I have been shooting just the back bar all summer and can’t really tell. This is out to 100 yards and a TAC event.

OP
S
Ya I have been shooting just the back bar all summer and can’t really tell. This is out to 100 yards and a TAC event.
I think that for necessary level balance and ultimate versalitiy for white tail and spot and talk situations the back bar only provides me everything I need and still very accurate at 80+

clperry

Lil-Rokslider
a0028792050a8760346730514d5d1d26.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wadegarrett

Lil-Rokslider
I'm also running a prime and took some weight off the front this year - big difference in comfort. Right now I have 10" with 1oz up front, 7" with 4oz on the back only when I have the quiver on. The biggest difference I saw removing the weight up front (I had 4oz for years) is steadiness in a cross-wind, otherwise it just feels much more balanced. It seems like you found the right combo for yourself.

Stalker69

WKR
I am shooting a prime black 5, and find I shoot it great with no stabilizers. Took me awhile to get it out of my head, as I felt I always needed them. But now that it’s not in “ my head” and am shooting just fine out to 60 yards ( As far as I can normally practice) I don’t miss using a stabilizer at all. I Love the balance without them, on this bow.