back country chair

tommy

FNG
best light weight chair for the back country like having something to sit on while getting dressed in the morings

5ccaf33d6adf1035522eae6ec7fffccb_zps0107592f.jpg

Dameon

WKR
I use a Helinox knockoff I found on sale at Dick's Sporting Goods. I bought three for my boys and I for the price of one genuine Helinox. Mine weighs in at 2 pounds. The comfort is worth the weight penalty in my opinion.

I got my dad a helinox for Christmas last year. Then I found a knock off at BJs( like a Costco or Sams club) for a quarter of the price. It's about twice the weight but for the savings in money I'll deal. After a long day it's nice to sit off the ground.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Don't really take them on true long distance backpacking hunts where weight is critical but have been very happy/impressed with the Amazon Helinox knock off after over a year now.

Amazon.com : KING DO WAY Portable Ultralight Chair Compact Folding Chairs with Carry Bag for Camping /Fishing/Hiking/Picnic/Beach/Outdoor Sports : Sports & Outdoors

The chair zero is certainly lighter, with a claimed weight of just over a pound vs. 2 pounds for the knock offs, but if I am going on a true backpack hunt then neither style of this chair is getting taken if weight is critical and bringing the Thermarest Trekking chair for my sleeping pad.

aeasley10

WKR
Don't really take them on true long distance backpacking hunts where weight is critical but have been very happy/impressed with the Amazon Helinox knock off after over a year now.

Amazon.com : KING DO WAY Portable Ultralight Chair Compact Folding Chairs with Carry Bag for Camping /Fishing/Hiking/Picnic/Beach/Outdoor Sports : Sports & Outdoors

The chair zero is certainly lighter, with a claimed weight of just over a pound vs. 2 pounds for the knock offs, but if I am going on a true backpack hunt then neither style of this chair is getting taken if weight is critical and bringing the Thermarest Trekking chair for my sleeping pad.

I also use a knock off from Amazon called (Outad). Been very pleased. Just checked out a chair zero today....it's nice too although def feels a little flimsy compared the chair one, also slightly lower and narrower. I'm 200lbs which is prob pushing it. I'd say for 180 and under it's a good option,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alite mayfly 22 oz., comfy but sits low to the ground. great for lounging or glassing. Rated for 250 pounds...