Back Country Elk..... snacks during day while hunting.

Drenalin

WKR
I’ve been really liking the Clif maple almond butter bars with a packet of Rx maple almond butter lately. Babybel cheeses are pretty awesome too.

neverquit

WKR
Blue berry Rx bars . I don’t even like blue berrys but there’s good and hold me over pretty goos

hobbes

WKR
I’ve been really liking the Clif maple almond butter bars with a packet of Rx maple almond butter lately. Babybel cheeses are pretty awesome too.
I may have to finally try a couple flavors of cliff bars again. That sounds good. I also like the sound of the shot of espresso. I swear the couple that I tried around 10 years ago were made from pine bark. I couldn't finish them.

TNCAN

FNG
Chewy protein bars from Aldi's. Salted pistachios. Trail mix. Jerky. I also like to carry raisins in my coat chest-pocket during cold weather. They get cold, and even freeze.....great snack.

I transition from sweeter snacks in the morning to fruit to the hard salami, cheese, pretzels, nuts, sandwiches (with spicy dill pickles on the sandwich) just after noon which sometimes leads to a glassing nap.

So where does one get the salami? What store carries it or is it more of a meat packing place? Want to try it this year.
Also, “hard” cheese, individual wrapped from Walmart type stuff? After a couple days of cheese mine always ends up being hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of good suggestions,. I also like to throw in some dehydrated mango, (Hy-Vee and trader joes), it gives you a bit of fruit mid day, and is quite tasty!

Trader Joe's with all its snacks, is heaven when packing for backcountry. Those peanut butter filled pretzels are the best. They have tons of different trail mixes, dried fruits and nuts they can fill your pack up right. They sell Lara bars, cliff bars and Rx bars. And I always go to the Oberto beef jerky outlet store by me and LOAD up. And a cup of noodles after a long hike, tastes like heaven but outside of the mountains they taste like shit. No idea why haha . Tortilla, tuna packet or spam singles and hot sauce, delicious !!!! Tortilla and instant potatoes with bacon bits and hot sauce !!!! Candy candy candy, I'm hiking all day and you will want good food, trying to choke down some protein bar thats vegan or "healthy" really sucks. I would also second the honey stinger wafers mentioned earlier . Very tasty and no weight to them.

Where do you find dried pineapple?
I've found it in bulk sections of grocery stores, usually in full rings. In these times probably have to order it. A favorite trail mix I buy, is by a company called natural cravings and it had dried pineapple and papaya along with yogurt covered raisins in it. I've seen it in bags at Blain's farm fleet. Or I've also seen it at nuts.com

Spike elk

WKR
I've found it in bulk sections of grocery stores, usually in full rings. In these times probably have to order it. A favorite trail mix I buy, is by a company called natural cravings and it had dried pineapple and papaya along with yogurt covered raisins in it. I've seen it in bags at Blain's farm fleet. Or I've also seen it at nuts.com
Thanks! I am going to give it a try.