Back country food?

make your own. buy larger quanities of dehydrated/freeze dried ingerdients and package into meals you like. I usually run lots of soupmixes/veggies and add in bone broth powder and powered butter to bring up calories and protein.

Where are you scoring your powdered butter from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pepe55

FNG
How about peanut butter and nutella with bacon bits on tortillas. One thing that really helped me, since im considered old, was from purity and grace, pure energy, check em out

R-K

FNG
Pouch tuna- sun-dried tomato is best- with crackers.

Peanut-butter & banana in tortillas. Bagels with peanut butter and bacon. Whatever protein bars or jerky you can find. Whole salami, summer sausage, etc. Oreos, if you really need a lot of calories and have a toothbrush.

Or, bring some basic fishing gear and do this (results/success may vary)-
IMG_20180810_190711497.jpg

In the past we always had a good camp packed in with all the normal cooking food. Never had to worry about more than what you wanted to eat/snack on during that particular day hunting. I can tell that I'm going to end up with 30+ pounds of food in my pack to keep from starving 24/7. You guys getting by on a tuna packet and some crackers for the day are hardcore.

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
alternative to mountain house is a company called Happy Yak out of Montreal, Quebec. probably some of the best dehydrated/freeze dried meals on the market. not loaded with the salt/.etc in Mountain house, although I am sure there is a lot in there. Tastes like real food, looks like real food, and quality stuff.

Elk_Guapo

FNG
Albacore tuna in pouches - bring packets of mayo/mustard and a couple crackers. Add the condiments and crushed up crackers directly to the opened pouch, mix and eat. This is usually my go to lunch option, along with stick of landjaeger. It does create a little trash and requires a utensil, but I have never found that to be a problem.

Bavarian Meats landjaegers FTW!

Stoop

FNG
I like ramen pad thai (peanut butter, coconut milk powder, ginger powder, garlic powder, sriracha, veg soup mix, etc.)

Matt5266

WKR
I've premade ramen, instant potatoes, dried refried beans with the ramen pack. Mix in some jerky or a chicken/tuna pack. Super high calorie and filling. Not to much weight either, but does require about as much water as a mountain house. But it is a cheaper option too. I pour the boiled water in a zip lock freezer bag and never had any problems. Picture is what I'm talking about minus the meat/protein

Attachments

• 20240113_211847.jpg
    20240113_211847.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 20
No jetboil meal: I don't really recommend any of the AlpineAire meals EXCEPT for their strawberry granola. Really good and packed with strawberries. I like it even more than the Peak Strawberry Granola and I'm a big fan of Peak meals.

Canned tuna or chicken and tortillas with mustard, mayo, and relish packets makes a pretty good tuna salad sandwich. I like metrx meal bars, most of them are about 400 cal and 30 grams of protein. I always keep a few fatty cakes (oatmeal cream pies or nutty bars) on hand for dessert.

CharlesF

FNG
Cheese, cured meats and trail mix can go a long ways. Add in some of the flavored Tuna packets to mix it up. Protein powder/BCAAs can be a good breakfast to get you going.