Back country pick me up

Mitten32

WKR
What’s everyone’s favorite backcountry drinkable pick me up? Nuun tablets, dark energy, mtb ops, Gatorade powder???

Natevon04

FNG
Crown Royal and hot Tang around the fire seem to really be the ticket on our backcountry hunts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b_young

FNG
emergen-c packets but not too late in the day or it'll keep me awake at night

Vandy321

WKR
Making drinks is always a pain in the butt. I do take those fizzy vitamin packets from Costco that you dump in water.

Otherwise, I always have a pack or two of chocolate covered espresso beans with me, not just in the woods, but anytime I travel...hassle free caffeine.

xcutter

WKR
I really like to bring Blue Gatorade or the Blue Powerade powder with me. Seems like it always tastes way better than the bottled stuff. I put about twice as much powder as I'm supposed to. Tastes awesome and is a good change from just drinking water all day.

Silver

FNG
Nuun tablets for convenience a couple times a day. Will usually do a hot Gatorade in the evening before bed. There’s usually a small amount of something strong and Scottish in the bottom of my pack for when I finally am able to get my sheep (so far it’s not been used as intended)

Ag

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Like exertion or night cap? Exertion on some backcountry hunts I bring a 26oz(?) collapsible water pouch and some little zip locks with gatorade powder (only like 8oz of mix worth) and BCAA's mixed in. Its a nice rehydration beverage that goes down easy and I figure some BCAA's don't hurt with all the wear/tear going on (or it could be useless in the application, I'm not a nutritionist).

i try to be careful with some of these drinks. last year i had some of the ones that came with my backcountry fuel box subscription and got a ripper headache. i liked the mtn ops ignite in pink lemonade. i also like a pre workout or a workout recovery from BSN. simple and something im used to. no searching around. also i like Dark Timber Coffee singles.

Looney

FNG
When I was fighting wild land fires we would do something called “dozer shots”. Simply a large mouthful of instant coffee chased with a swig of lukewarm water from your bladder. Kept us going steady.

Mosby

WKR
I bring Arizona ginseng tea packets to put in water for daytime drinking. Early in the morning or after dark, I like something hot. Coffee, tea or hot cocoa all work for me.

GreenV

FNG
Coffee in the morning, NUUN tablets or liquid IV during the day or evening to replenish. The little caffeine gummies are good too.