Back Country Smartphone

I am in the market of getting a new phone, need to get a personal line as my current phone the company is changing their policies on. As I’ll be getting a new line I’ll be able to get a new phone. I am wanting to pick up an InReach Mini and use my phone as my GPS up here in Alaska and elsewhere.
What phones are you guys running? Battery life on my iPhone 7 sucks. I’m not opposed to running Android and I’m not brand specific though I loved my Samsung s7 active from a few years back.
Thanks for the weird gear tip but tried searching and wasn’t getting anything really ‘current’.
Thanks all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdot

WKR
I've been happy with the Samsung S series. I'm on my 3rd. No issues with water or broken screens. GPS has been reliable. Battery life is pretty solid. They've been with me on many hunts, ski trips, bike trips and even sailing. They've yet to fail me. Unlike the iPhone which I had repeated failures with and their battery life sucks, my wife and her dad, who are often with me on different excursions, each seem to got thru about one a year from some type of failure, while out with me.

The iPhone camera is amazing though. I really wish the Samsung could up their game in that department. I recently bought the new S20+, and while the camera is good, it doesn't touch the camera on my wife's iPhone 11.

OP
InteriorAKPopsicle
This is also my experience. My work phone that I’ve been using made us switch to iPhones 3 years ago and I get a new phone every year because of issues ... but the pictures are really great.
I had a lot less issues with my old devices. Thanks for your input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

idcuda

WKR
I've run samsung galaxy phones for years (currently s9) and they've been great. Kick it to airplane mode and just use the GPS and it'll run for many days.

Jellymon1

Lil-Rokslider
Samsung galaxies for me. My s4 from2012 lasted till last year without one issue. Only reason I replaced it was because apps weren’t being supported any more. Have an s10 now and it’s been amazing.