Back in the Rock Pit...

Got a late start, bit I took time to go back out to the rock pit and to verify what I had completed on the 14th...

Knight Western Ulite with NECG Peep sight installed
Load: Sabotless Barnes 50x275 MZ-Expander
Powder: 120gr. V of T7-2f
Ignition: #11 Mag cap

9-7_Western_ULite.jpg

This is the bird setup... but I did set up a paper target just in case...

18-9_4_Bird_Set.jpg

4 shots later

18-9_Birds_Gone.jpg

At the end of the shoot I found these two clay pigeon chips located on the wall up and to the left of where I was shooting... If you look closely you can see two separate chips.

18-9_Chip(s).jpg

I loaded up and decided to take the chip on the left first - it was the largest... First shoot removed the larger chip but did not effect the lie of the second chip. Loaded up again decided to try for the small chip. For this shot I had to hold the front bead below the chip... (remember that I am sighted in to be right at 3" high @ 100 yards. I laid the rifle in the rests on the bench and estimated a distance that I believed would allow me to hit the chip. The way the chip was resting if I were to low I would hit the rock ledge under the chip. Got on the chip and held it and took the shot. Really? I wasn't expecting a hit but it things were right and the chip disappeared!

18-9_Chips_GONE.jpg

Mission accomplished, the rifle is ready! and the timing worked out pretty well it was right at noon when I finished the last and it was really starting to warm up... It gets real warm in the rock pit real quick. Packed up and headed out...

Macegl

Lil-Rokslider
Really enjoy your posts, shooting clays with a muzzleloader looks like a lot of fun, I'm going to take some out next time to change things up. Good luck this year!

OP
sabotloader
Really enjoy your posts, shooting clays with a muzzleloader looks like a lot of fun, I'm going to take some out next time to change things up. Good luck this year!

It is really fun... and you need to use your imagination some...

When shooting the birds I consider/imagine the full clay pigeon as an elk heart and the chips I shoot as deer hearts!!! if'n I hit them square one more downed animal for the freezer!!!