Back on the forum

marshrat

FNG
After being away for several months, I thought I would post up after getting lots of great advice on the forum from a great group of guys. I was gearing up for my first elk hunt, and unfortunately, it will be over before it started. Due to several family situations that have come up over the summer, the elk hunt has been canceled. I appreciate all the help and support from the people who have helped me get started. I wanted badly to make this happen, but it is just not up to me. Still getting in shape and still dreaming, but I will have to wait until next archery season to head out. I'm still thinking about a spring bear hunt, but we will see. Again, good to be back, lots of changes for my family, but good to be back. I hope everyone is doing well and stomping the mountains flat.

rhendrix

WKR
Marsh, sorry it didn't work out, I know you were looking forward to it. But, I'm going next year, and two heads are better than one!

OP
M

marshrat

FNG
Marsh, sorry it didn't work out, I know you were looking forward to it. But, I'm going next year, and two heads are better than one!
Will definitely keep you in mind. My group petered out on me, and I was a little apprehensive about who I'm going into the mountains with anyway. They seemed more in it for the enjoyment than for the hunt. Looking forward to next year though. I really do need the company.

rhendrix

WKR
You still working as a teacher in OK? If so, hopefully you can get some time off to do an archery hunt!

OP
M

marshrat

FNG
You still working as a teacher in OK? If so, hopefully you can get some time off to do an archery hunt!
I had the time off this year. My district is a very small, country district. They appreciate the fact that I have to hunt. I had as much time off as I needed. Of course the vacation days would be used, but I can live with that. All I have to do is let them know a month or two in advance.

rhendrix

WKR
I had the time off this year. My district is a very small, country district. They appreciate the fact that I have to hunt. I had as much time off as I needed. Of course the vacation days would be used, but I can live with that. All I have to do is let them know a month or two in advance.

Awesome, PM inbound.