Back Pack Help

mtbshark

WKR
Hey guys trying to help a buddy get the best bang for his buck!!!

If you had $200 to get a pack with what would you get?
Daypack, meat hauler, 2 night max, all in wonder is what hes after.

looking for more peoples $.02

thanks

wk93

Lil-Rokslider
I would check out Wilderness Pack Specialties. If you do, the website sucks, but they will send a catalog to you. Plus all of there items is lifetime warrenty. If you break it, they fix it. They are also made in the USA in Oregon. And they are probably the most comfortable packs around.

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If it's a new pack I'd get the Eberle X2 and then look for a Kelty Cache Hauler or similar to pack meat. You can likely find a better pack used on one of the forums though.

stephen b

WKR
I would check out Wilderness Pack Specialties. If you do, the website sucks, but they will send a catalog to you. Plus all of there items is lifetime warrenty. If you break it, they fix it. They are also made in the USA in Oregon. And they are probably the most comfortable packs around.

For the $$ you are talking about this option of WPS packs is a very good option to go with.

cmeier117

WKR
I have seen the horn hunter full curl system on one of those camofire type sites for under $200. I have never used one but it would do all he is talking about. If he isn't too tall I would also look at maybe a blue widow used. I would definitively not pay full price for any pack.

If you want good advice, worth at least $.02, let us know what kind of pack he is looking for,what he wants to do with it.

If he wants the best bang for the buck on a do everything pack then get comfortable frame and a nylon duffle bag to strap to it.

This load hauler from, of all places, L.L. Bean seems to be getting good reviews and it's less than $100. It is the same concept as the Mystery Ranch Load Sling or the Kifaru Hauler with Cargo Panel, although I am not saying it is designed for extreme rugged use like those are.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/64392?feat=506568-GN2

41subNX8jYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would borrow money from a buddy and buy the used Late Season that just popped up. The Late Season is one solid pack. If you are looking for something bigger, I would search the Kifaru forums and try and buy a used pack if he isn't against buying used. It is $200 down the drain if he is just trying to get by and upgrade in the future.

OP
mtbshark

mtbshark

WKR
Hey guys, thanks for the input.

think its most likely going to be a Eb x2 or beg borrow steel a blue widow