Back Packing snack bars

CBB1

Lil-Rokslider
Last year I lost 14 pounds on a 10 day hunt and it took be 6 months to get back to the weight I wanted. I have decided to put more thought into my diet on the mountain and am looking for a quality snack/ meal bar. I'm looking for something with a lot of calories, relatively healthy but I want in to taste good. Any suggestions?

Trial153

WKR
Snickers ......ok, probably not.
Any way with a metabolism like that look at green belly meals bar.

PNWGATOR

WKR
Probars are probably my favorite meal replacement bar. I’ve read about the greenbelly bars and am intrigued enough to give them a try this year.

OP
C

CBB1

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a One Bar almond bliss at Walmart yesterday. It was incredibly good, taste just like an almond joy. 20g protein, 230 cals, 1g sugar. Any reason to avoid these?
IMG_1911.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been eating a lot of the Gatorade almond butter with protein bars. They're 2oz., 220cal, and 20 grams of protein.

OP
C

CBB1

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you. I try to stay low carb through the year. Would there be any negatives to suddenly introducing a bag full of bagels to my diet for a week?

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
that I couldn’t say; I do know for me putting on a lot of miles- I’m highly dependent on carbs for fuel- will definitely mix in some protein and fat, but would be screwed without carbs

xcutter

WKR
I picked up a One Bar almond bliss at Walmart yesterday. It was incredibly good, taste just like an almond joy. 20g protein, 230 cals, 1g sugar. Any reason to avoid these?
View attachment 77308

I love the One Bar's. You need to try the Birthday Cake Flavor. I plan on packing some of these in the mountains next month. The Peanut Butter flavor is tasty as well.

lang

Lil-Rokslider
View attachment 77308

Thanks a lot I had just sworn off walmart! 20 gr of protien and tastes like almond joy I am sold.

fishstu

FNG
I am looking for the same thing - Any body familiar with the different bars at Costco - they have a bunch including cliff bars, protein, energy etc.

Oh yeah One bars, power crunch, Cliff nut filled or what ever ones, kind breakfast,

me I tried candy and many other "bars" and those listed are only ones that haven't made me crash and burn mentally or physically or get the bubble guts.

Len and Larry's? , Quest and I just found some oatmeal something cookies at Walmart this past week and they did good for work snacks will try em outside this weekend. Just giving other options

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I just picked up a pack of belVita oats, honey, and Chocolate protein bars at WalMart. Not bad.
10 g protein per bar, 200 calories per 1.7 oz bar.