Back Packing snack bars

Mitten32

WKR
Packaroons... I bought some from heathers choice to see what flavor combos I liked the best then homemade them. Very packable and solid calories/ounce

Ddidier

FNG
Heathers Choice packaroons. Hands down. Calorie to weight ratio is great. They taste great. High quality ingredients.

I can’t eat the same bars more than a couple of days. I’ve used many of what you guys have suggested. Another great bar is SNAAK Bar. The taste and texture is very appealing, they seem to be fairly dense calorie wise and balanced.
https://www.snaakbar.com/

I also make my own stuff, a favorite is Logans bread. Very dense and keeps well.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
A couple newish ones I’m going to carry this year are the Protein Pucks and the MunkPack protein cookies. The Protein Pucks are really similar to a ProBar meal bar and taste great. Then the MunkPack cookies are high in protein as well but they don’t taste like a protein cookie. Their flavors are on point and the cookies are dense and soft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProBars are made entirely with organic ingredients, many raw ingredients, vegan, non-GMO, and most are gluten free.

Mturney

Lil-Rokslider
I enjoy the Cliff bars but its easier to eat a rock if they are cold. Im going to try the Green Bellys this year.

I found these at Costco a couple weeks ago. Grain free and 210 cals for 35g. Plus, they taste damn good
ee0319dcf343e8322207e686bd698372.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

denzr2

FNG
I’m Big fan of the fit crunch chocolate peanut bars by Robert Irvine . They taste great and can get them at Walmart. I eat one every day at work and haven’t gotten tired of the taste

fwafwow

WKR
Last year I lost 14 pounds on a 10 day hunt and it took be 6 months to get back to the weight I wanted. I have decided to put more thought into my diet on the mountain and am looking for a quality snack/ meal bar. I'm looking for something with a lot of calories, relatively healthy but I want in to taste good. Any suggestions?

I would NOT recommend the Epic bar (53g, 210 cal, 12g protein), at least in the Almond Butter Chocolate flavor. I had it on my list for my upcoming hunt and decided to try it out in between gym and rucking sessions and I struggled just to get it down - too dense and not great tasting. I will give another flavor a chance but am now subscribed to see what others are doing.

Block

WKR
Promax has some good stuff. High calorie, decent fat calorie, Ok sugar content.

Promax double fudge brownie has been my fav bar for many years... the cookies and cream is awesome too. Ralph’s has then 10 for $10 quite often