Back tension release

KHNC

WKR
The majority of guys and gals that hunt with a back tension release will say that is what they prefer. Myself included. The giant buck example above is the exact reason we practice and hunt with a back tension release -- it returns the shot to the process rather than the target. If you can't get the release to go off on that shot, then that shot was the one you weren't supposed to take. And that's the best piece of advice I've ever gotten, sometimes the best shot is the one you don't take.

But then again, I'm not a bowtech "ambassador."
AND, the Bowtech "ambassador" part has exactly nothing to do with this. My hunting experience is what this example is based on. The average person will be making a mistake by using a hinge to hunt with. Sure, it can be done, but how many animals can you screw up one before its too many? In my case, it only took ONE.

KHNC

WKR
I couldn't disagree more with this. Flinching and hammering the trigger are way more of a problem than any kind of a yank with a hinge.
Doesnt really matter what word is used to describe the screw up does it? A f-up is a f-up, whatever description is used.

406unltd

WKR
Was wondering if anyone hunted with a back tension style release. What’s your guys opinion on using one on a hunt
I’m going to be using one this year for hunting. I’m just not comfortable with any of my old wrist straps anymore. I can’t stand them and I am really confident and comfortable with my hinge

Attachments

• 87BDC1FD-0AC4-4349-8BE4-A4CC11FDC854.jpeg
    87BDC1FD-0AC4-4349-8BE4-A4CC11FDC854.jpeg
    239.3 KB · Views: 34

KHNC

WKR
I’m going to be using one this year for hunting. I’m just not comfortable with any of my old wrist straps anymore. I can’t stand them and I am really confident and comfortable with my hinge
I feel your pain. I hate my wrist releases too. Mine cost me several points in a shoot this summer. Had it setup with hair trigger and it failed on me. Shot 3 zeros trying to resolve it, plus a punch in the face. lol. But i still am not willing to risk hunting with a hinge again. No more wrist straps for target in my future tho! Not worth it. I have just had to practice, practice, and practice to get confidence in the wrist release again. Only takes a little to lose it.

stonewall

WKR
i'll be hunting with a scott longhorn (hinge) this year. I'll have a backup set the same in my pack. I keep the one I'm hunting with in the bottom compartment of the bino harness.

In 17 I shot a bull with a wrist rocket (good shot - 15 yards only), but after that september I moved to the carter evolution trying to resolve target panic. I ended up shooting a buck with it. Others had warned about the potential issue of sending the arrow on the release of the safety...sure enough. but heeding that advice I was on target before letting off safety and ended up with a great hit

Last year, hunted with the scott longhorn. only did a pronghorn hunt. I belly crawled to a buck (finally got in range). I tried to get up to my knees and draw at same time. hook came off dloop in the process. and by the time I got it back on, buck was at least 120 yards away

I tried setting up my bow with the wrist strap this year, but just couldn't get it together. went back to the hinge - i just shoot better with it

I knocked this one down Saturday with my b3 hinge, I personally can't imagine hunting any other way. I probably would of ripped the trigger off if I had one, instead I came to anchor, set my pin and pulled pulled pulled until i got that surprise release that fells so good!IMG_0525.jpeg

Zac

WKR
Do you have the B3 with the wrist strap, that looks intriguing.

SniperHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I do, I make much better shots with a hinge then I can with any style trigger weather index finger or thumb.
Not that I can't make good shots with a trigger but under pressure with the nerves of hunting I'm more then likely going to punch a trigger. I never even get the slightest urge to punch a hinge.

SoDaky

WKR
Shoot m all at times.Hunt with a thumb(Tru Ball blade pro)cause I can easily get the 'surprise' but if needed can accurately trigger it fast.