Back to the Mountain (Warrior)

TubbsTru

WKR
Had a Kifaru Mountain Warrior and for some stupid reason sold it. Just bought another one because, well, seems like a solid "do-all" kind of pack.

Anybody else ever re-bought? or, which packs have you gotten rid of that you've regretted?

marktole

WKR
Currently have a Reckoning from Kifaru and am thinking about either a Cavern or the new Hoodlum. Not sure I'd sell the reckoning to test out one of the others for the reason that I think I might regret selling it.

Summit1

FNG
i'll never part with my GEN II spike camp and timberline 2 internal frame packs. both have been tweaked to exactly what i want out of each of them. there is currently no new kifaru pack i'd trade them for.

I'd really like to hear about your Spike Camp setup. I have a used one on the way to me. Thanks, Brad

ozyclint

WKR
i modified the spikecamp to accept 26" stays, sewed on strap and ladder lock buckle internally to hang a bladder from and made a brace that fits between the top of the stays so it acts a little like a bikini frame. with a grabit it will haul plenty of meat. pics will explain it better. PM me if you want pics.

RBHunter

WKR
For me it was the Reckoning. Dont k ow if it was just the time spent with it or the familiarity but I do wish k kept it. Sold it this winter and picked up a muskeg. Cause I was tired of my crap getting wet. I do have high Hope's for the muskeg though. Have only gotten to use it a little bit. I will absolutely buy the Reckoning 2 when it comes out though. (X-pac material with a full offset zip!)

marktole

WKR
For me it was the Reckoning. Dont k ow if it was just the time spent with it or the familiarity but I do wish k kept it. Sold it this winter and picked up a muskeg. Cause I was tired of my crap getting wet. I do have high Hope's for the muskeg though. Have only gotten to use it a little bit. I will absolutely buy the Reckoning 2 when it comes out though. (X-pac material with a full offset zip!)

Is the reckoning 2 rumored to be an actual thing or is that just what you hope it is?

ScottinPA

WKR
Started with the MW, sold it. Then a Mtn Rambler, sold it. Then 2x 22Mag, sold them. Using a DT1 with a guide lid now and hard pressed to change. Its a little tall for my short ass when day hunting but compresses well while allowing me to get to my stuff easily. Muskeg with a couple pockets would be the closest option on new.

Summit1

FNG
i modified the spikecamp to accept 26" stays, sewed on strap and ladder lock buckle internally to hang a bladder from and made a brace that fits between the top of the stays so it acts a little like a bikini frame. with a grabit it will haul plenty of meat. pics will explain it better. PM me if you want pics.

I'd love to see some pics. I'm sending you a PM. Thanks, Brad

skierhs

WKR
I started with a MW and have stayed with it for the last 4 years. I tried a argali in there and liked it but not more then the MW. I have a hoodlum with a Sherman pocket on order. I think it’s gonna overtake the MW from the lay out/handling at a show but time will tell. I think the Sherman pocket will become a staple though.

OP
TubbsTru

TubbsTru

WKR
I bought it from a guy here on Rokslide. It’s definitely a new one. He seemed to indicate that the bag just came that way, but you should contact Kifaru directly.

D7EDB66F-AF2F-45D8-888F-DDA4EAAF4CFD.jpeg

I bought one when they were in the Rhino Den (Hyphalon sleeve model) and to my surprise it came with a meat shelf as well as the lower handle that fits the cam of a bow perfectly - I really like it

skierhs

WKR
I love my Mountain Warrior but must have an early one since I do not have the meat shelf?
Agreed, I’ve had mine for 4 or 5 years now. Mine definitely doesn’t have the grab handle or a meat shelf. I don’t really mind since I put the meat in the bag but either way it’s not like I have the option with that bag.

Mine didn't show that when I ordered, but had it when it showed up - may want to call and ask but I'm pretty sure if mine had them, all the news ones do