Back to the Mountain (Warrior)

Will the meat shelf still be usable since the newer Lite and UL frames lost the upper common loop attachment points?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will the meat shelf still be usable since the newer Lite and UL frames lost the upper common loop attachment points?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will only connect at the bottom of the frame- which kind of makes it useless. I did see where someone DIY'd common loops onto the lite frame for the use of a meatshelf. I can't seem to find that thread now or I would link to it. I am sure one of the Native Textile/Pods8 type guys could attach common loops at a reasonable cost- but it does suck that kifaru chose to not include them on the new frames. Thus far that is the only reason I have not purchased the lite to try out. An admittedly small protest, but one none the less!

OP
TubbsTru

TubbsTru

WKR
Does this have 3 horizontal compression straps? I thought that was an upgrade Kifaru did on the MW, but I've never actually seen it.

Yes- it has three sewn in horizontals on each side.

I can’t decide though whether I want to cut off the center one. I’ve got all kinds of Kifaru straps and there are convenient tab loops to hook k clips to, right where the center strap is sewn in.

Right now I’m hooking up the Sherman anyways so I’ve got a fourth set of horizontal straps going to the frame which seems a bit much haha

51BA1B36-B79B-43A9-B3FE-CA33449B0A3F.jpeg

CF21B600-8BC1-4B0F-ABBB-3688274BB89A.jpeg

ScottinPA

WKR
FWIW, my DT1 didn't have a shelf but had tabs. I had PODS8/RuggedStitching make one that clips between bag and frame. Now I just have to kill something to put there.

colersu22

WKR
I bought one when they were in the Rhino Den (Hyphalon sleeve model) and to my surprise it came with a meat shelf as well as the lower handle that fits the cam of a bow perfectly - I really like it

That’s funny, I bought one when they where in the rhino den as well and mine does not have the lower handle or meat shelf. I saw one in the classified section a few weeks ago with the handle and meat shelf so I looked at mine again and neither is in it. It was hard to pass up that deal, I think it was under 150 when they had them in there and all the packs went quick.

Either way I really like the mountain warrior, between that and the woodsman I’m set for packs but the new hoodlem looks pretty good.