Backcountry Battery Pack

treillw

WKR
I have three little battery packs that I've accumulated over the years as gifts, freebies, etc. Thinking one good one might be lighter and actually hold up when temperatures plummet.

What are you using? Would like to be able to get a few cell phone charges out of it and not have it crap out when temps get below zero.

Dark energy Poseidon is what I've heard works well. Experiences?

Thanks!

I have 3 RAV packs, that are over 5 years old and still working good. 1 is only 2 years old and seems to be inconsistent in its ability to fully charge. These are all around 28,000-32,000MAH (big)
I have an older smaller 1800 MAH I got at Shopko type store that is the size of a small hot dog, and it is still working well. It will keep my phone topped off on a 3 day hunt with ease and weighs very little, compared to the DE or RAV types. Using off line Maps, going to airplane mode and not constantly on phone are keys to long battery life in the mountains. I use them snow mobiling as well. I often have them all in very cold weather and keep them in my pack and still work well

Look into the nitecore 10000 ones. I have anker ones too but the nitecore are lighter for the same capacity and i prefer them

oldillini

Lil-Rokslider
I have good luck with Anker. Charged iPhone 3x easily during last hunt with temps dipping into the teens. Like Cameron said, they are a little heavy. For me it wasn't too big an issue as we hunt with horses for packing, so couple ounces doesn't matter much.