Backcountry bear care

I’m sure there are plenty of answers currently floating around these forums for this, but at the risk of sounding lazy I am asking any way.
What are some best practices for taking care of a bear hide in the backcountry for a couple of days before getting it to the truck/home?
Is fleshing and salting the only way?
And would this be impacted by not skinning our the head, turning lips, eyes, etc? I ask that because I don’t know enough about that and would probably have a taxidermist do it.
First spring bear hunt coming up, and trying to be prepared.
Thanks

tdot

WKR
What are your expected temps? How far from the truck??

Hanging anything in the shade, over a running mountain stream will help cool it off more then ambient temp

We've kept hides cool that way, and also put a grizzly hide in a garbage bag and sank it in glacier run off, paws, head were still intact. They weren't my hides, but I didn't hear of any problems. As I recall it was 3 days at about 65-70 degrees.

OP
Sdsmith1002
What are your expected temps? How far from the truck??

Hanging anything in the shade, over a running mountain stream will help cool it off more then ambient temp

We've kept hides cool that way, and also put a grizzly hide in a garbage bag and sank it in glacier run off, paws, head were still intact. They weren't my hides, but I didn't hear of any problems. As I recall it was 3 days at about 65-70 degrees.
Expected temps are going to be lows of around 20 and highs under 50.
I appreciate the tips and input.

I've been a taxidermist for 16 years I tell clients to treat the Cape or hide like they would the meat as mentioned above waterproof bag in a creek is great at keeping it cold key word waterproof no creek skin as clean as possible press skin to skin place in game bag hang out over night in temps that cold should be fine for a few days when you get home freez or take to your taxidermist