Backcountry chair

I believe you are correct. It is a chair one as far as I can tell. Though it is a tad lighter than Helinox advertises.

Graybush

FNG
I like the Crazy Creek Hex2 chair. It can double as a glassing pad and torso length sleep pad/supplemental insulation.

ccc9092

FNG
I’ve had my Crazy Creek chair for over 15 years and it’s still going strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just butting in here randomly because I love these chairs. I take one with and sit in it for coyote calling a lot, but I've found after getting into mountain hunting and spending a lot more time behind glass on a hillside that I can't leave it at home for any hunt now. Light and easy to clip to the pack, not to mention it's very affordable. Makes glassing sessions way more comfortable just by virtue of having a backrest. Myself and a few other guys I hunt with all have used them for a few years. Link below

Shilly21

FNG
Thinking about possibly adding a UL chair for a bit of comfort on the mountain! I know about the helinox but what else is out there? Is it worth it’s weight in gold? Thanks!
you might want to look at the BTR (Better than a Rock) stools. They are much easier to set up than the Helinox chairs and weight about the same. 12 and 14 oz based on the model.

Just splurged on the REI flexlite air as a treat and I honestly have no idea why it took me this long - the thing is stupid light and is 100% worth dealing with a bit of awkward poles.

Mghatts

FNG
I have the Big Agnes version of the Helinox chairs and I really like it. I also have a small stool that I will bring out as well. Kind of depends on the mood I'm in.

jbs29

FNG
I've been a fan of the thermarest chair kits, about 8 oz, although they don't get your butt off the ground

Chaplain

FNG
I have the Big Agnes version of the Helinox chairs and I really like it. I also have a small stool that I will bring out as well. Kind of depends on the mood I'm in.
X2 for the Big Agnes UL chair. No plastic junction holding it together, sits a bit higher and seems more sturdy then my wife's Helinox. It does weight a touch more than the Helinox.

ONDERS.CH

FNG
Thinking about possibly adding a UL chair for a bit of comfort on the mountain! I know about the helinox but what else is out there? Is it worth it’s weight in gold? Thanks!
Not as good as the kifaru version but still the same thing.

Are any of these chairs usable in a Cimarron? I have a turkey hunting ground chair that I plan on testing for the height, but it's not packable at all so it would only be good for truck camping. Spending some long evenings in the tent in the late season, a chair might be money for hanging out, eating, etc..maybe isn't worth the space though?

The post above by @Runningwater mentions using it in a tipi, but didn't specify what size of shelter..

I was using it in my 8 man. I've never been in a Cimarron. I'd think it would be fine in one. Space wise you can put it outside when you're not using it if that's an issue.

VinoVino

Lil-Rokslider
Going to use my REI Flexlite Air, if anything. Got mine back in June when they were offering them at 30% off. Used it camping a bunch this summer.