Backcountry Fuel Box Review, By Jordan Budd

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
fuelbox-3.jpg

The Backcountry Fuel Box looks like a great way to try out different backcountry food and drink options without buying a bunch of stuff you may eventually throw away. Jordan has been using them since the company started and is here with her thoughts on the program.

Check it out! Backcountry Fuel Box Review

mntnguide

WKR
I agree with Jordan's sentiments. Ive been subscribed since box #1. It has lead me to some great new snacks I had never heard of that will always be in my backcountry arsenal (green belly, protein puck, strike force energy, munk pack cookies) to name a couple favorites. It also has shown me a couple i know i won't ever buy. Im in the backcountry with camp and gear on my pack every weekend from about mid July through October usually, so it's nice to change up foods etc and i can say the $33/month is well worth it

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I subbed for awhile and will probably resub in the future but my main complaint was how much mass market beef jerky they sent. I need store bought jerky like a hole in the head. With all of us who probably have wild game jerky coming out of our ears, and freezers full of pre-jerky, I wish there was an option for a jerky-free plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I subbed for awhile and will probably resub in the future but my main complaint was how much mass market beef jerky they sent. I need store bought jerky like a hole in the head. With all of us who probably have wild game jerky coming out of our ears, and freezers full of pre-jerky, I wish there was an option for a jerky-free plan.

I work for Cody as his only real full-time employee for the box and addressed this comment in PM. He suggested I drop it in here so folks know...

We noticed we were heavy on the jerky for a couple of months in a row too, so we will not have had straight jerky in the box for like 5 months in a row since we had Old Trapper in the box.

We do try to have at least one meat-type product in each box just to keep our carnivores happy, but you do raise a good point that our hunting subscribers should have some wild game jerky in the freezer. 😆

prm

WKR
Money well spent. I’ve received the last two. Definitely get to try things I would not otherwise even know about!

prm

WKR
Question for Jaden,
Do you have .pdf copies of what is in each? I lost the printout from two boxes ago and I recall there were some things I want to order more. It was was the one with the chocolate chirp cookie. Which wasn’t bad at all!

Question for Jaden,
Do you have .pdf copies of what is in each? I lost the printout from two boxes ago and I recall there were some things I want to order more. It was was the one with the chocolate chirp cookie. Which wasn’t bad at all!
Here you go! Inside all the boxes for the past 5 months. (y)

They lost me at the cricket cookie.
The chowder was one thing. But the cricket umm no way.
That Cowboy Cricket Cookie has either been loved or hated.

We brought it back when Snyder asked for it in the April box, but not so sure we will have them in there again for a few months since they've been in twice this year.

I agreed on the HC Chowder. I wasn't a fan, even at the end of a long hard day of backpacking. That's what I like about the box. I would have bought a ton of those as a general chowder hound had I not tried it.

prm

WKR
Thanks for the link. The Peak 2 and the Off Grid were both delicious. The bars in the last box were apparently delicious, my wife ate them and said they were...

Big Sur is definitely one of the gems of the Box that I would have never discovered otherwise

HankBC

Lil-Rokslider
Is this an American only deal or are they able to ship to their Canadian neighbors as well? Seems like a great way to force myself to try different meals.

Is this an American only deal or are they able to ship to their Canadian neighbors as well? Seems like a great way to force myself to try different meals.
Shipping is pretty darn expensive, but we'd be happy to ship to you up north!