Backcountry Seminar and RMEF Banquet - KC

• Will Attend the Seminar only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Will Attend both Seminar & Banquet

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

dotman

WKR
This coming Feb 23rd the Kansas City Chapter of the RMEF is hosting its annual banquet with 1 addition this year, we will also be hosting a seminar on backcountry hunting by Rokslides own Aron Snyder. The seminar will be free but it would be great if everyone that decided to attend also considered attending the banquet. There will be great food and fun for all, some great items being raffled and auctioned off this year for all budgets.

The location of the seminar and banquet will be:

Holiday Inn Overland Park West
8787 Reeder Street Overland Park, Kansas 55214

We will be starting the Seminar at 4pm and opening the doors for the banquet at 5:30pm. Here is the link to purchase advanced tickets and also get a smokin deal on some raffle tickets https://events.rmef.org/shop.aspx?eid=0044130 the invitation is also on the advance ticket purchase link.

It would be great to meet some Roksliders and also a good chance to learn a few things from Aron. Aron will be hanging out all night and will be there to answer all Kifaru related and backcountry hunting related questions but also to have a good time and meet a few people.

Also, last I talked with Aron the new Kifaru Bikini and Highcamp bag will be there, so if you ever wanted to get your hands on a Kifaru pack this will be a great opportunity.

Feel free to reply or send me a pm if there are any questions, again the seminar is free but it would be great if everyone would consider attending the banquet to help show support for a great cause. It would also be great if you don't plan to attend the banquet but would like to attend the seminar that you complete the poll so we have an estimate.

Also I would like to thank Aron first hand for donating his time to provide this seminar, pretty amazing how generous this guy is.

OP
D

dotman

WKR
Airfare from Chicago to KC is cheap and it is at a hotel :) jk, if you did decide to come it would be a good time and any rifles you win I'm sure we could find a way to get them back to Chicago :)

OP
D

dotman

WKR
Just an fyi... we will have discounted raffle ticket online for our bucket raffle till Feb 15th. We will also have 7 rifles, 1 pistol and a life size elk target being raffled :).

OP
D

dotman

WKR
Elk target raffle tickets have been reduced, 1 for $5 or 3 for $10, still only selling 350. Thanks to everyone that has sent a pm.

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm giving an elk seminar that week-end in Wausau, otherwise I would consider it. Have fun, you guys will like Reaper.

Jtreeman

FNG
I may try to make it up, I'm in Tulsa, OK, so it is about 4 hrs up. Not sure. It is hard to make plans that far in advance!

--JIM

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Nutrition, Gear, Drop Camps/Outfitters, Applying for Units/Tag Info, Clothing, Physical Fitness, Hunting Tactics and Survival

Per the event flyer, Aron starts around 4:00 and the banquet starts at 5:30, so I'm guessing they gave him a little under an hour and a half.