Backcountry Pack Packing Tips

Hey y'all... Could someone point me to an article/thread/video that gives tips or recommendations on best ways to pack a backcountry pack? I've got all the stuff... just looking for any reccos for getting it all in the pack.

I watched a video on here , Larry Bartlett i think was the gentlemens name. He was thorough and helped me out. Put his name in your search bar it might come up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twall13

WKR
Jordan Budd from the Rokslide Staff just did a video series on how she packs her Kifaru Reckoning. It's a 3 part series if I remember correctly. Do a youtube search for Rokslide's channel and it should be pretty easy to find.

I'm sure Aron Snyder has done one too but Kifaru has so many videos that may take longer to find.

This is probably an over simplification, but the main things to keep in mind is: pack the lighter, bulkier items on the bottom to allow for the heavier, denser items to be positioned in a way that they are centered about half way up and towards the top of the pack. Additionally, you want those heavier items to be as close to your back as possible. Think of having the heaviest part positioned from about the middle of your back up to your neck/shoulders, centered and close to your spine. I think that Stone Glacier (Kurt) has a video showing the mechanics of a properly packed backpack also.

Last edited:

ColoradoHunterHiker

Lil-Rokslider