Backcountry Pillows

Cliffy12

WKR
Does anyone use there pillow for a glassing seat also? Just thinking about double duty but wasn't sure if they are strong enough to sit on.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

jhm2023

WKR
I really like using my down puffy as a pillow, one because it's soft and comfortable, but also because waking up on a cold day with my jacket pre-warmed is nice. That said I sleep like crap when I'm fighting to keep it in a good shape to sleep on. So I use a really small game bag as a pillow case and it makes ther perfect travel sized down pillow that way. I believe it's called the camp meat bag by caribou gear. I don't use it for anything but as a pillow case as I can't imagine a bloody smelly pillow case would let me sleep well in bear country. I've used silnyl stuff sacks in the past but the lack of breathability made my head and face sweat too much.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Spiegel

FNG
Does the Western Mountaineering even have enough structure to support ones head?

The premium model Sea-to-Summit Aeros. It just plain works for a good night’s sleep. I used to go without and just use rolled up clothes, but would often wake up with a stiff neck - not a great start to a day on the mountain. I just plain sleep better with fewer issues when using the Aeros and it weighs less than 3oz.

Dwight2180

Lil-Rokslider
I've used several different ones. My seat to summit will bounce and roll my head to one side when sleeping on my back. I have a diff brand, big agnes or klymit, that has an X sewn in the center of the baffling that prevents the roll but the fabcric isn't as comfy. I currently use a Zpacks dry sack with a fleece liner that I stuff with my jacket.