Backcountry Pillows

Flydaho

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for the Nemo Fillo pillow here. The combination of the air inflation and memory foam is really great. I will never do another backcountry trip without it, I sleep so much better now.

positivepete!

Lil-Rokslider
I use an inflatable pillow wrapped up in whatever layers of clothing I feel will be the best for a goods night rest. I then put that in my mummy bag and kind of roll and fold it until I am comfortable. Some nights I may have to deflate or inflate it but I can usually find the perfect spot relatively quickly

Another option is the Z-Packs cuben stuff sack with microfiber on one side inside. Turn it inside out, stuff a puffy or other clothing inside and you have a microfiber pillow.

CCH

WKR
I have been using an Exped for years, but want to upgrade to something bigger. I do bolster with my puffy, but there are also times I need to wear that puffy to boost my sleeping bag so having the pillow is pretty vital.

JeffP_Or

WKR
Was looking myself a few months ago and through write-ups here on RS and one other site, I picked up the Nemo Fillo Luxury and am very pleased. Picked mine up at Backcountry; less like an air pillow with the memory foam, good height for side sleeping, and extra width for floppers. Bungies for securing more loft if desired. Comes with it's own stuff sack. Removable cover for washing. Slight weight penalty to be sure over others.
Like the several other who have mentioned it in this thread - I'm super pleased with it and appreciate the sleep!

akAbe

FNG
The Thermarest AirHead Lite is awesome. At this point I'd probably bring mine even when going hardcore ultralight, like 3/4 z-lite and no sleeping bag! So small and raise the quality of sleep so much.

I use exped air pillow I think. It’s a red one. Weighs about 2.5 oz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cliffy12

WKR
I just tried the klymit x pillow this weekend and it doesn't work well for side sleepers. It was smashing my ear unless it was right in the middle. If you are on your back it worked great. So I will be looking for a pillow also. Anybody want to buy the x pillow, lol.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Patton

Lil-Rokslider
I have a few of the Outdoor Vitals pillows. If you look around you might find the “free” pillow link from them. You can get up to two if you pay shipping. They are very light and a decent pillow. They also make for an awesome butt pad. Yes, they are that durable.
I have one of these as well and it works great for me. Used to use my puffy jacket as a pillow but now I can use the puffy as a knee pillow.

TowerT

FNG
I use the sea to summit Aeros ultralight pillow and it really improved my sleep.

D.Blake

Lil-Rokslider
I am not trying to sound tough... I just honestly believe any clothing inside my Silex tent bag is more comfortable than an air filled pillow! I sleep on my stomach with my arms crossed up under my head with a quilt.

yakattak

FNG
I started bringing an inflatable pillow with me a while back and it is worth every penny.

I have the Sea to Summit and it's definitely worth bringing along. The little space it takes up pays for itself with the amount of improvement it's given my sleep. I've done the rolling up puff jackets for some time, but nothing beats an actual pillow in the field.