Backcountry Saw

I've gone through a bunch of Silky saws and settled on the aluminum framed super accel with 2 blades; a large tooth and fine tooth. The large is great for the type of wood here in BC and the fine lives in my kill kit for bone. I like having the second blade just in case one breaks.
This saw is a more usable size than the pocketboy 170, weighs the same, and what people don't realize is the kerf/thickness of the blade is a bit thicker on the super accel. I find the thicker blade is more durable as I've never snapped the tip off the super accel like I ended up doing with the pocketboy.

Kiel

FNG
I did a review on saws a while back. For wood and bone the Bahco Laplander won. For wood only the Silky Big Boy 360 with medium teeth worked well.

I did not have all the ones mentioned to try, just tested what I had.

The Wyoming saws with different blades are great but heavier. The folding bow saws also work well. I have a Bob Dustrude that has flexed some with lots of use. It no longer holds a blade super tight. It works but not as well as it used to. I now have a Boreal 21 that is working well. It hasn’t seen the use the Bob saw has though.

My Seek stove does much better with wood that started small or that we processed down to not much over thumb size. Bigger rounds don’t do great. It seems like it wants a hot fire with small kindling and frequent re-filling. It doesn’t take much for tools to provide that.
Appreciate it🤙🏽

walleyes

FNG
I was happy with my bahco Laplander for cutting ribs and even skull capping animals in the field. No problems with wood either

All are good and the best bang for the buck is a corona from lowes.But i recently replaced with a Laplander with the hardend blade.They dont cut wood as well but do better all around in case i need to cut bone or skull,and i got it in orange.
No the Laplander does not cut wood as well but does more and over all and i find it about perfect for the hunter.