backcountry shower:

*zap*

WKR
I have a few msr dromedary bags and they make a cap for them which has a valve to dispense water. They used to make a 'shower kit' which was a cap/valve hose for those bags but it is no longer sold. I took a length of clear tubing which fits the valve end and on the other end put a pvc 1/2" plug that I drilled hole into....the dromedary bags can handle hot/boiling water......it puts out a pretty good flow of water and the hose slips off the valve end so it can be used independently.

IMG_5588.JPGIMG_5589.JPG

Last edited:

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I have a few msr dromedary bags and they make a cap for them which has a valve to dispense water. They used to make a 'shower kit' which was a cap/valve hose for those bags but it is no longer sold. I took a length of clear tubing which fits the valve end and on the other end put a pvc 1/2" plug that I drilled hole into....the dromedary bags can handle boiling water......it puts out a pretty good flow of water and the hose slips off the valve end so it can be used independently.

View attachment 281801View attachment 281804

Good idea zap. I shower a lot in the early season especially during the bow hunt. Keeps the scent down, and man it makes you feel better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SonnyDay

WKR
Good to know the MSR bags hold hot water. Had a platypus fall apart on me! Nice idea.

Interesting idea, we just hang them in a tree and use the pathetic little spout that comes on the bags.

Might have to do this!