Backcountry Sleeping Bags

OP
Pilgrim2094
Did you end up picking a bag? I also have the lost dog 15 and I love it for how roomy it is and I really like the way it attaches to the pad. I want to get a warmer, down bag but that is still as roomy as the big Agnes and also attaches to the pad in some way.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
Yes I have the lost dog 15 and have zero complaints. Got a liner for it also and camped a week in single digits in CO! Great bag.

i have a feathered friends 0 degree that I’ve been impressed with so far. They don’t get as much love here as western mountaineering but I believe they are just as well constructed.
Yup I have a Feathered Friends Swift 20 it’s wide in the shoulders so has more room. FF doesn’t get Same love but I’ve owned both FF and WM and they performed equally well

One thing to point out with FF and WM is they have continuous horizontal baffles. Therefore you can push the down on the bottom of the bag to the top. This means if you have a good rated R value sleeping pad you can make say a 20 degree bag a 10 degree bag by moving majority of down on top of you. I literally just did this last week with my 20 degree bag. It got down to 18 degrees and I was comfortably warm all night. Even had ice around draft collar from my breathing.