Backcountry stabilizers?????

J-Daddy

WKR
OK, for the guys who do pack in hunts what stabilizer are you running on your hunting rig????
I know you guys try to cut as much weight on everything as possible on everything that goes in on your back...Just wondering if this is an area where you are doing it too????
I'm always a fan of stab's around 12" long and weighing in the area of 10oz-20oz total, depending on the bow...Seems like a lot to pack back in the hills though.

Lawnboi

WKR
im running a 8.5" bstinger, with different weights depending on if i use my AM32 or Vector turbo. It really does help me out quite a bit.

a3dhunter

WKR
s-coil for me
4.9 oz

I carry my bow in my hand all the time, unless the bow really needs something more I try to go as lightweight as possible.

Right now I am running a 12" FUSE Blade Side Rod in front with 7 oz on it (15.5" total length) and then an 8" FUSE blade side off the left side with 5 oz on it. I am looking at the B-Stinger Sport Hunter Xtreme rods but it is still all about the way it holds. I plan on 60+ yard shots on Mule Deer and I will pack a little more weight on my stab (since I am cutting it everywhere else) to get the right hold out to 100 yds.

Last year I ran a FUSE Blade Hunter 10" that weighed 5 oz total...but bc the weight was on the end like a B Stinger I achieved the same result at my 8.5" B Stinger w/ 8 oz on it and dropped roughly 7 oz total.

OP
J-Daddy

J-Daddy

WKR
I picked up a new Vendetta Enforcer 12" this year I'm gonna play with some...It's got the wider, 5" head on it so it spreads the weight out a little more. I think I'm gonna like it. I'll shoot it for 3-D, but if I decide to hunt with it I'm gonna have to throw some spray paint on it or something cause the carbon tube body is crazy shiny.

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Last season I ran the fuse carbon blade sidekick on my Element. I find that having a well balanced bow makes it feel much lighter to carry and obviously makes it easier to aim. The blade sidekick does not work on my Matrix so I'm using my older fuse sidekick. Feels great and not too heavy for long days in the high country. A few well placed ounces can make a big difference in how well your bow aim so don't get too crazy trying to save weight. I have meaured up to 4 decibel sound reduction just by adding a Fuse stabilizer to a bow. That's a huge improvement and well worth the weight.

VAHUNTER

FNG
I picked up a new Vendetta Enforcer 12" this year I'm gonna play with some...It's got the wider, 5" head on it so it spreads the weight out a little more. I think I'm gonna like it. I'll shoot it for 3-D, but if I decide to hunt with it I'm gonna have to throw some spray paint on it or something cause the carbon tube body is crazy shiny.

i use a 10" Enforcer with the 3" head. great stab