Backcountry supplements

WHI13tan

FNG
What are y’all putting in terms of supplements in your daily food bag when your in the backcountry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thess87

WKR
I’m not 100% sure it helps but I bring WA HYDRATE/recover and energy and focus. Mainly just to break up the taste of plain water all the time.

I suffer from lactic acid buildup and subsequent leg cramps after a hard day on the hill. A teaspoon of “Calm” brand magnesium powder will knock out the cramps in about 10 minutes. I drink a cocktail of 1 teaspoon of that and 1-2 packets of Emergen-C every evening in camp. It’s a powerful muscle relaxer and keeps the cramps at bay. Be careful though, it also relaxes the old colon.

OP
W

WHI13tan

FNG
I suffer from lactic acid buildup and subsequent leg cramps after a hard day on the hill. A teaspoon of “Calm” brand magnesium powder will knock out the cramps in about 10 minutes. I drink a cocktail of 1 teaspoon of that and 1-2 packets of Emergen-C every evening in camp. It’s a powerful muscle relaxer and keeps the cramps at bay. Be careful though, it also relaxes the old colon.

Thank you I now better understand the use for milk of magnesia lol

I used a few MTN OPS products last year. They seemed to help, so I will do the same this year.

Enduro for a non-caffeinated energy drink.
BCAA for recovery in the afternoon/evening.
Slumber before bed.

On a related note... should you stop taking creatine before a hunt in the backcountry? My understanding is that water intake needs to increase while taking creatine. We are in a new area this year and I am not sure how readily available water will be in this unit. I cut the creatine a month ago to drop the water weight and avoid any issues if I get dehydrated.

OP
W

WHI13tan

FNG
I used a few MTN OPS products last year. They seemed to help, so I will do the same this year.

Enduro for a non-caffeinated energy drink.
BCAA for recovery in the afternoon/evening.
Slumber before bed.

On a related note... should you stop taking creatine before a hunt in the backcountry? My understanding is that water intake needs to increase while taking creatine. We are in a new area this year and I am not sure how readily available water will be in this unit. I cut the creatine a month ago to drop the water weight and avoid any issues if I get dehydrated.

Thank you for the recommendations. I have never taken creatine so I can’t answer that.

Phaseolus

WKR
Nuun electrolyte tables in my water and Hammer Recoverite in camp at the end of the day