Backcountry Titanium Stoves

lefty8

FNG
I have been doing a lot of research on which brand of backpacking tent stove to purchase, and I have narrowed it down to the Lite Outdoors and Seek Outside Large stoves. Do any of you have reservations with these brands, or recommendations of other products I may be overlooking? Thanks

I have been using the seek outside SXL for a number of years now. In Alberta late season it is a must.

A friend has been using one from Lite Outdoors for a long time -- it is one of the early prototypes or something. It works really well.

Ultimately, in the 2, find which has the size profile setup and packed you want, and give 'er. ;)

As far as other brands, there are a few out there, but these are the only two that I have seen through several ugly weather burns.

OP
lefty8

lefty8

FNG
I have been using the seek outside SXL for a number of years now. In Alberta late season it is a must.

A friend has been using one from Lite Outdoors for a long time -- it is one of the early prototypes or something. It works really well.

Ultimately, in the 2, find which has the size profile setup and packed you want, and give 'er. ;)

As far as other brands, there are a few out there, but these are the only two that I have seen through several ugly weather burns.
Thank you so much for the info!

I had a lite outdoors 18in and now I have a DIY TiGoat style. I think my new DIY ones draft and work a lot better. My complaint with LO is that is doesn’t draft as easily and I was getting lots of huff and puff and blowback. Zero issues with my diy stoves.

generalist

Lil-Rokslider
I have the LO 18" and it's done everything I've asked of it. If you're worried about aesthetics though, know that regardless of how you assembly it you will get the infamous denting/warping near the stove pipe hole, even with the updated assembly rods. It's just a weakness in the cylindrical design. It doesn't seem to affect function.

Beckjhong

WKR
I have an 18” LO with 8’ pipe I plan on listing shortly if you’re interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
No complaints on my lite outdoors it does well and as noted it will warp a little but does not affect function of the stove. I like it👍FD1F13A7-5DD1-4355-A3EC-051A3ECE10C1.jpegF41244B9-4AA0-4299-94C1-872607803927.jpeg96DFC865-6204-488B-BB72-2EB251FC8F0A.jpegBF867459-0F99-4802-931C-BE32B4B09B6D.jpeg

OP
lefty8

lefty8

FNG
Right at 3lbs I believe

What is your reason for selling? With LO stoves I have just heard of the bottoms sometime burning out... Could you see that being a possibility and what is the wear and tear on yours?

Beckjhong

WKR
2lb 15.9oz—that’s with a bunch of extra pipe rings and a pair of gloves for assembly in there. So a little less bare bones.

eec2602e81b0779c23f0b2f6acae21c0.jpg

Beckjhong

WKR
Mine is catch and release from another member here. I’ve only used it once and then gave it a good scrubbing. Haven’t heard of the bottoms burning out.

Forgot to mention, this has the baffle as well in there. It’s definitely been used, but still works beautifully with no big dents or bends.

OP
lefty8

lefty8

FNG
Mine is catch and release from another member here. I’ve only used it once and then gave it a good scrubbing. Haven’t heard of the bottoms burning out.

Forgot to mention, this has the baffle as well in there. It’s definitely been used, but still works beautifully with no big dents or bends.

What are you wanting to get out of it?