Backcountry Treats

Gettincloser

Lil-Rokslider
Yall are a coffee loving crew! But for my favorite, anything peanut butter! I will put a little peanut butter in any hot meal bag and stir it in! No one there to judge me for it!

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
Sour patch Kids, Skittles, Starbursts and those gross oatmeal creme pies. So delicious in the back country

ShakeDown

WKR
One of my go-tos is Justins PB + Honey Stinger. Funny story about this combo...

One year I got back from a trip with a good bit of food left. My wife (8 months pregnant at the time) asked me where she could buy more, because she enjoyed that snack combo so much. I asked her how many of the BP packs and waffles she had eaten... Come to find out in one day she had eaten almost 3,000 calories worth of the combo 😂.

I’m waiting to try some black rifle coffee. I’ve heard it’s very good. Will definitely test it this season.

West.mass.hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I'm satisfied with cheap coffee. Strong, weak, bitter, old. It makes no difference to me. My wife thinks I'm weird

Poser

WKR
I didn’t see it listed so far, but Pop Tarts for a second, mid morning breakfast are an absolute delight. I’ve year to figure out how to keep them from getting broken into piece, but who cares? In fact, eating then in small bites helps you to savor the pleasure.

*I never eat them at home but in the mountains, they sure hit the spot.

Sevens

WKR
Sheep hunt nothing better than a can of oysters
Used to eat them as a kid at Grandma's house with cream cheese on crackers. Randomly picked up a tin a couple months back, which stayed in the pantry until we ran out of lunch meat one day. Now I've been eating smoked oysters fairly regularly while I shelter in place.

My favorite backcountry snack is droëwors. Don't know why, could eat it at home, but it's just one of those items that ends up in my pack. Think it just reminds me of hunting more than anything.

This may be on another thread, but what is everyone's favorite backcountry treat (food or drink)? Something you really look forward to having, and only have at a certain time, or maybe only pack one per day to keep it special.

Nothing better than smoked venison jerky when you're up above the treeline!

OP
Yukon_Jack
Used to eat them as a kid at Grandma's house with cream cheese on crackers. Randomly picked up a tin a couple months back, which stayed in the pantry until we ran out of lunch meat one day. Now I've been eating smoked oysters fairly regularly while I shelter in place.

My favorite backcountry snack is droëwors. Don't know why, could eat it at home, but it's just one of those items that ends up in my pack. Think it just reminds me of hunting more than anything.

Never tried them with cream cheese, but we have them on the regular on saltine's with a dash of hot sauce. Might have to make a tin end up in my pack this fall!