Backcountry wood stove question

With a recent forest order prohibiting fires in the forest I hunt, does anyone have alternative suggestions to staying warm at night when the temps possibly drop to single digits? I was anticipating using my new Seek Outside wood burning stove but it seems that’s not allowed either. I was looking for another fuel source for the stove… Sterno cans?

The backpacking wood stoves are not intended or capable of heating a shelter without frequent stoking.
A sleep system that will keep you warm throughout the night will be infinitely better.
Hopefully by the time your hunt rolls around the fire restrictions will be lifted, I'd plan on that if you anticipate it being that cold.

OP
D
Thanks mtnrunner260. Yes, I’ve upgraded my bag and am considering a liner as well. Unfortunately, I think these fire restrictions will be the norm from now on.

In such areas many people heat their homes with wood burning stoves, so restriction on wood burning stoves rarely last long once temps start to drop. Campfire restrictions however, tend to stick around much much longer, often until areas get substantial rainfall that diminishes the potential fire hazard. But keep in mind that your wood burning stove must meet the FS requirements.

OP
D
Thanks Bubblehide. I’ll check that out. BTW, this is your teacher friend John who you ran into at Monache a while ago

The campfire restriction will likely still be in place, but you should be good to on the stove as long as you have a forest service approved spark arrestor.

cnelk

WKR
You better look at the Forest Service website and see what stage of restrictions there are where you will at.
They vary.

Even in a Stage 1 you can’t have an open flame. All stoves must be able to be turned off with a Valve.

There are Forest Service signs everywhere in the mtns reminding people of the fire ban in effect. I even saw them in small Mtn towns, on the restaurant door.

ELKOHUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks mtnrunner260. Yes, I’ve upgraded my bag and am considering a liner as well. Unfortunately, I think these fire restrictions will be the norm from now on.
I would leave the liner out. You'll get tangled up and adds weight. You will already have a set of base layers in your bag. Wear those to bed in a bag rated for the temperature range you'll encounter. Waking up warm and going to bed warm is the benefit of the stove. The middle of the night is too much of a pita to keep the tipi warm.