Backlanz bipod

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Anyone used one of these? They look like an interesting alternative to the Spartan Equipment stuff and are designed to fold if someone wants to leave it on their stock.

Tentman

FNG
Gidday - I live in the same city (Invercargill, New Zealand) as the guy who makes these, and have talked to him about the product. I don't own one, but have used one on loan (at the range) and can vouch for both the quality of the bipod, which is stunningly light, and for the integrity and honesty of the guy behind them.

Dobermann

WKR
I think Kerry from Precision Shooter here in NZ is about to review this, possibly for Rod & Rifle magazine ...

OP
Marbles

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Just giving this a bump to see if anyone else has tried one in the past 10 months.

OP
Marbles

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I bought one and I wish I did buy it,

anyone want to buy a Backlanz bipod , please PM and I will send you a picture!
What do you not like about it?

PRC_GUY

WKR
It is a bad design, you have a hard time to snap it to you stock and it is alway wiggle, it is not woth it.
I don’t like it, I rather spend money on Harris Bipod.

OP
Marbles

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Given the lack of information on Backlanz, I ended up getting a Spartan bipod. Still curious if anyone else has experience though.

Bought one of his first models, love it and a few of my mates and family members have bought them since (some even getting rid of their Spartans). Yes it does have some wiggle but that is so you can track after the shot. The only thing that is a pain is the legs if you don't buy the newer notched version having to line them up and make it even but with practice it isn't so bad. The mount is pretty bloody nice and I like the option of leaving it attached if need be.

It is a bad design, you have a hard time to snap it to you stock and it is alway wiggle, it is not woth it.
I don’t like it, I rather spend money on Harris Bipod.
Do you have any pictures of the problem area? Could it be solved by adding rubber or foam somehow?

Do you have any pictures of the problem area? Could it be solved by adding rubber or foam somehow?
It is designed to swivel, so it is meant to be relatively "loose". Just took it on a mountain hunt in NZ chasing tahr and chamois and worked pretty awesome chucking between rifles

PRC_GUY

WKR
I give backlanz a try out and I don’t recommend this bipod at all , when you lock it on, you have to hold the rifle with both hands just like you shoot off hand.

It is just like a kids toys.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Given the lack of information on Backlanz, I ended up getting a Spartan bipod. Still curious if anyone else has experience though.
I was going to contact them about getting one for review but it doesn't appear to tilt (unless I'm missing it) so I know I wouldn't like it. It would take too much time trying to adjust the legs to get level.

PRC_GUY

WKR
I was going to contact them about getting one for review but it doesn't appear to tilt (unless I'm missing it) so I know I wouldn't like it. It would take too much time trying to adjust the legs to get level.
Backlanz is just a bad bad design, it is a good idea to snap in but the little screw nut ball head can’t not hold the rifle stable. The rifle falls left or right freely. It was a muốt buy it, it is me.

Backlanz is just a bad bad design, it is a good idea to snap in but the little screw nut ball head can’t not hold the rifle stable. The rifle falls left or right freely. It was a muốt buy it, it is me.
The Backlanz bipod is designed to be used under forward load. Maybe not your preference of design maybe? I personally own 2 both the Carbon and Notched models and have great success shooting out to 600 yards. The Notched is pretty hard to beat for ease of set up. Fully spring loaded legs and one handed quick adjustments is way better in my opinion than tilting. Not to mention all the models are incredibly lightweight! Wouldn’t call it a bad design at all and definitely pack it over a Harris or a Spartan