Backpack chair

Deadfall

WKR
Looking for a couple chairs that are lightweight and moderately comfortable. Something that fits in a backpack. Now that my wife and kids are coming along on some of these excursions looking for ways to make things more comfortable, for them and me....so much out there. Anyway, looking for ideas. Thanks in advance

OP
Deadfall

Deadfall

WKR
Yeah, the chair zero is number one on every list that I’ve read. Recon I’ll go check it out. Thanks

Superdoo

WKR
Heliocentric is great. If you can’t afford to support American and want to buy Chinese. Walmart sells the same thing for $50 per pair.

PNWGATOR

WKR
I have a Helinox chair zero. I added their engineering band aid of the ground sheet to keep the legs from sinking in softer earth. It’s a nice chair, but I don’t like the necessary extra weight of the ground sheet.
A friend used a crazy creek chair on our deer hunt this year. It was simple. Liked it.

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
I have a Helinox chair zero. I added their engineering band aid of the ground sheet to keep the legs from sinking in softer earth. It’s a nice chair, but I don’t like the necessary extra weight of the ground sheet.
A friend used a crazy creek chair on our deer hunt this year. It was simple. Liked it.

I have a couple of Helinox chairs (a zero and a two), and they are my go-to's up here.

I prefer the chair two, but it's not weight and space friendly for back-packing. On the other hand, the Chair Zero takes up little space, weighs just a pound, and is surprisingly comfortable for it's small size...my choice when I can take a chair, yet still weight and space restricted.

The only down-side with the zero (for me) is the small diameter of the bottom end-caps on the legs...it just sinks right down into the tundra. However, I figured-out a cheap, effective, and pretty weight neutral solution that I've been using for years:

25-Pack #3 to #8 Plastic Rebar Safety Caps in the Rebar Safety Caps department at Lowes.com

Last edited:

JoshOR

Lil-Rokslider
Another happy Helinox user. Started with one, now we have four, the kids monopolized the first two...

Murph1

Lil-Rokslider
Marchway folding chair on Amazon. $34 and has duck feet so you don't sink in. Been packing mine in for 2 years now. Awesome