Backpack for 11yr old

Nwernig

FNG
My son has done a good bit of hunting with me but nothing that required him to have a legit hunting backpack. He has a possibility of getting drawn for a couple hunts this year that he will finally need one. I would like to get something that he can grow into, use for a couple years, and carry more of the load as he gets older. I am looking at the Eberlestock X2 and was wondering if anyone had used it for their kids. He is an athlete and is in great condition. Thanks

*zap*

WKR
If a MR guide lite will fit him now....then that may be a good choice since it is so e-z to adjust the torso length...

Rockslide sponsor and sponsor of the youth hunting photo contest:

At least worth a look.

rideold

WKR
Make sure the waist belt fits properly. I've had not end of trouble with my son on this one. I can get lots of packs to fit him but he's so skinny the waist belts just don't. First time we found one that fit correctly he was amazed at how much easier it was to carry weight. I'd take a pack that was too big in every other aspect if the waist belt fit him.

Rockslide sponsor and sponsor of the youth hunting photo contest:

At least worth a look.

If my 7 year old was 11 I'd buy one of these and never look back. I'm sure my daughter would eventually use it and I could sell here later.

Depending on the size of your kid. My daughter is 5’3 and I have her in the Stone Glacier Krux with the small belt and 3300 bag. Works great and at worst she will have to purchase a larger belt in the future.

OP
N

Nwernig

FNG
Thank you all for the replies. A lot of good options to consider. I just used my F1 mainframe to see if I could make it fit him for sizing/belt and it did. So now I just need to see how much I want to spend

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

PVS

FNG
I got my 7yr old the osprey jet 18. I don't let him carry hardly any weight basically just his sleeping bag to fill out the pack so he looks the part and doesn't get to wore down. I see there on sale on backcountry.com for about $39.00. Plus it doubles as his school backpack

Clarktar

WKR
I got my 7yr old the osprey jet 18. I don't let him carry hardly any weight basically just his sleeping bag to fill out the pack so he looks the part and doesn't get to wore down. I see there on sale on backcountry.com for about $39.00. Plus it doubles as his school backpack
Strange, it shows 64.95 for me

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk