Backpack Problem

I'm hunt mostly out of a stand and I almost always carry my backpack to the stand with me. I don't have to walk a really long ways to my various stands but it's far enough that I the backpack causes my back to sweat. If it's not really cold, it's not a big deal, but when it's like it was yesterday morning (20 degrees) my upper body gets a little chilled because my back got wet with sweat on the walk in. The only thing I wear to the stand is usually my baselayer, so I can't really dress down any more than that. I suppose I could change shirts when got to the stand but I'm thinking about either trying to make something to go between the backpack and my back for better ventilation or trying a different backpack.

The backpack I'm using is a Badlands Timber, which has a mesh back and the little ridges for ventilation but obviously it's not working for me. What solutions have you guys come up with?

Marble

WKR
A different pack would help. Nothing wrong with that pack, but for your needs, you may need something that pulls the pack a little ways off your back.

If I am going to be doing anything would cause me to sweat quite a bit on my hike in, I carry an extra shirt and dress in as little clothing as possible.

I've done the same thing with socks in hot weather. Sometimes when's there a ton of water, I'll wash the shirt I wore on the way in and ha g it off of my pack.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

TBHasler

WKR
Bring another base layer. Can’t go wrong with the precaution and it’s cheaper than a new pack - which would likely make you heat up too much anyways. That’s my vote