WTS Backpack purge Exo, Kuiu, Granite Gear tactical, Prometheus Design Werx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'm selling some of my pack collection. The packs are:

-1. SALE PENDINGGranite Gear Special Mission Patrol in Coyote brown $120 SALE PENDING
-2. SOLDPrometheus Design Werx SHADO pack in coyote brown $135SOLD
-3.SPFKuiu Venture 1800 in ash $150SPF
-4.Exo Mountain Gear K3 1800 Fusion/Ranger Green $435

All prices are with shipping included, so please take that into account when sending offers.

1. Granite Gear Special Mission Patrol pack is in good shape. It is used and probably 10 years old. There was a hole on the bottom front that I repaired. I packed out an entire whitetail doe a couple years ago, just field dresses her and folded her up onto the pack for a half mile pack out. I wouldn't say it was comfortable but this pack can handle the weight.The modifications are:

-Added two 23" aluminum stays (3/16" x 3/4" 6061) to the frame adding much more vertical rigidity. These are removable and easy to swap.

-Added horizontal compression straps and Triple Aught Design transporter tail. The pack did not have any stock compression, and this adds the ability to add gear between the pack and tail. The transporter tail also converts into a weapon sling for hands free carry. All these parts are removable and easily swapped on and off.

-The center divider has been removed to make this one large main compartment, with two zipper access. There is a "radio pouch" right against the back of the pack that can be used for a hydration bladder. The pouch has its own compression and can also be used to hold a rear quarter of a deer, it will not fit an elk quarter. The second zipper allows for the quarter to extend vertically out of the pack without opening the whole pack and still keeping things secure.

The pack has side release buckles on the shoulder straps. The sternum strap is adjustable vertically on the shoulder straps. The shoulder straps can be used in two configurations. The stock configuration is a low profile and wide design that transfers the weight very well. There is also an additional pad for both shoulder straps that attach with hook and loop adding about 3/8"of more padding. I found this unnecessary but it's there if you like a lot of padding. The hipbelt is removable and does not have forward assist. Aside from the main compartment there is one flat pocket on the front of the pack. There is also an open mesh pocket on the reverse side of the front flap. As you can see there is pals webbing all over this pack. There is lots of real estate for accessories.

2. SOLDPrometheus Design Werx SHADO pack first generation with modifications and extras. I bought this pack as soon as PDW released them. It has been my edc pack since then. It's got some miles on it, but many more to give.

The modifications are:
-HDPE frame sheet with aluminum perimeter frame
-Added removable horizontal 1" compression straps with ITW nexus dual side release buckles
-trimmed excess webbing off shoulder straps with autock buckles and three bar slider

The extras are:
-Gear trap
-EDCO panel with laser cut molle panel and two zipper pockets
-Kifaru omni belt with delta straps removed, 2 aluminum G-hooks attach the stabilizer strap to the belt

This pack is 21" tall, the shoulder straps are very long, which is why I shortened the straps. I have a 21" torso and I almost run out of room for adjustment, so if your on the shorter side, this pack probably won't fit you very well.

3. SPFKuiu Venture 1800 sized Large, colored ash, in excellent condition. I love this little pack, it's almost the perfect daypack. I am only selling because I recently pieced together a Icon Pro 1850 so this will not be used. I swapped the stays for 2024 aluminum 3/16" x 1/2". They are substantially better in terms of vertical rigidity. The pack still moves with you very well however. The original stays will come with the pack as well.

4.Exo Mountain Gear K3 1800 Short frame ranger green, medium belt

1800 in First Lite Fusion

This pack is in perfect condition. I bought it for a specific purpose and I like the pocket configuration of the Kuiu Icon Pro 1850 a bit better.

The frame comes with plugs which make the frame about 23" tall. So with the extensions and plugs you can get 23", 24", and 25.5" frame heights.

Let me know if you have any questions. I will try to add as many pics as I can.
842070574b9b918c10e2512ca90e8c42.jpg
43ba56335fbb34879ddc7195a74ef90d.jpg
8028363321581ae4caae34c799381452.jpg
b023af6eb9fbabeefcb3f4d3bfb59ccc.jpg
e4cfdb8ab4035d30ada048efd33fc5dc.jpg
29098cdcb4c75ac13c964496a907d44a.jpg
89345234f6b631548704505234058771.jpg
53e94d59cb406e9265369ed339ff24da.jpg
5704281aa5e326b323c1c2186d38e769.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wchristos

WKR
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Free bump for you.

I love the 28L SHADO’s. Made in the USA and is capable of carrying quite a bit of gear but keeps it pretty tight to your back.
They were trying to get military contract so the straps were longer because they were meant to go over your load out.
On mine I added a split bar female buckle up the strap a little to give a little more ability to cinch when carrying as EDC. Although the pack really shines with a belt and I find the straps are fine when used this way.
I have had three of these. I have sold them to get the newest and greatest and always regret it and go back.

I am curious about your frame sheet. Any chance you can post a pic. Maybe I can copy. Also, curious what finally knocked it out of your lineup.

GLWS

dan25

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Which one of these do think would work best for saddle hunting if I'm running 4 tethrd skelotor sticks vertical on the back of the pack. Which one is the quietest? Thank you.

OP
doncarpenter
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Free bump for you.

I love the 28L SHADO’s. Made in the USA and is capable of carrying quite a bit of gear but keeps it pretty tight to your back.
They were trying to get military contract so the straps were longer because they were meant to go over your load out.
On mine I added a split bar female buckle up the strap a little to give a little more ability to cinch when carrying as EDC. Although the pack really shines with a belt and I find the straps are fine when used this way.
I have had three of these. I have sold them to get the newest and greatest and always regret it and go back.

I am curious about your frame sheet. Any chance you can post a pic. Maybe I can copy. Also, curious what finally knocked it out of your lineup.

GLWS
For the frame I cut a 1/8" piece of HDPE to fit in the frame sleeve and the took some 6061 precision tubing and bent the shape to fit my back. Here is a picture of the tubing.

My new edc pack is a TAD gear Fastpack Litespeed SE armory edition. I always liked the Litespeed layout but I didn't like the old shoulder straps. Since they changed the straps for the newest generation I made the switch.
c883273f75606073a1963211c73818bb.jpg
e463b3909746b4c27d5b93cb3f740976.jpg

Here are 4 skeletors on the Kuiu Venture 1800. I would say it's the most quiet of the packs I have for sale.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
3425b916f00a84be591d65cad2297636.jpg
830ac4153f46602f572bb6386cfd7b6e.jpg

Last edited:

wchristos

WKR
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I see. Cool idea. Thank you very much for the info and pics.
Yeah, I liked my Litespeed but they were too heavy for what they were now with these bespoke ones they might have hit a sweet spot.

I appreciate your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.