Backpack Review

I just released a video comparing Kifaru, Exo Mtn Gear, and Stone Glacier. This is part one in which I simply just go over the bag and frame, and put them under a quick load to get an idea of how they will perform this fall hunting season.

Particularly:
Kifaru 44 Mag + Duplex Lite Frame
Exo Mtn Gear K3 4800 + K3 Frame
Stone Glacier Sky 5900 + Xcurve Frame

It's a long video because I wanted to cover as much as I could with each pack system. Peep the description of the video to see timestamps to help navigate you through the video if you don't have the time to (or just don't want to) watch it in full.

Link:

There are some minor issues throughout the video like wrong terminology, so forgive me for being a little dumb here and there. Let me know what you guys think!

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
this should help a ton of folks out when looking for a frame/bag- thanks for posting

btw I agree with your assessment of Stone Glacier :)

Well done! So far I agree with your assessment of all 3. I have used the Stone (Xcurve frame) for the last 2 year and it has been the best overall for me. Now, I am am a huge Kifaru fan and want to try a duplex lite again just because I want it to work so bad. However as of now i'm going into this season with the Stone.

OP
SamongYang
Well done! So far I agree with your assessment of all 3. I have used the Stone (Xcurve frame) for the last 2 year and it has been the best overall for me. Now, I am am a huge Kifaru fan and want to try a duplex lite again just because I want it to work so bad. However as of now i'm going into this season with the Stone.
Thanks! I'm quite excited to be testing out the Stone as well! Good luck this fall!

jd1006

WKR
This was really well done. I’m considering these 3 companies for a new pack and this helped me really understand the nuances of each frame and pack. Thanks for taking the time on this and giving so much detail. The SG 5900 looks like a great first bag for me.

bozeman

WKR
Good feedback- I’ve tested all 3 the past 3-4 years. All are solid packs, but finally chose the K3 and it has fared well the past 2 years.

OP
SamongYang
Good feedback- I’ve tested all 3 the past 3-4 years. All are solid packs, but finally chose the K3 and it has fared well the past 2 years.
They all really are phenomenal packs. In fact, I think that's why it's so hard to decide which one to go with. My K2 is still going strong, but pretty excited to be putting the K3 system through the rodeo this season. Best of luck to you this fall!

OP
SamongYang
This was really well done. I’m considering these 3 companies for a new pack and this helped me really understand the nuances of each frame and pack. Thanks for taking the time on this and giving so much detail. The SG 5900 looks like a great first bag for me.
Thanks! The SG 5900 is a great bag. I know the their customer service is great, but let me know if you have questions. I will try and help as best I can.