Backpack Review

JJJ

Lil-Rokslider
Great job. This was very helpful.
Looking forward to the second video after your field experience with the packs.

Swagstaff

FNG
Great video once again! It has been fun to watch your videos over the past few years. I'm originally from Eastern WA, so it's nice to see some old stomping grounds!

Mudd Foot

WKR
Just watched the video. Very thorough rundown. Great job! BTW, watched some other videos on your channel. Super high quality production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really dig the detailed comparison between the packs. Would you be able to see if the Exo bag would be able to be mounted to the Stone Glacier frame? I really like the layout of the Exo bag, but I'm a little leery of the top horizontal frame piece, especially since I might be using the pack while I'm wearing a helmet.

OP
SamongYang
I really dig the detailed comparison between the packs. Would you be able to see if the Exo bag would be able to be mounted to the Stone Glacier frame? I really like the layout of the Exo bag, but I'm a little leery of the top horizontal frame piece, especially since I might be using the pack while I'm wearing a helmet.
I have not tried doing that yet, but I can see how it might possibly work. I'm not as savvy when it comes to converting bags-to-frame as other Rokslide users, but I will let you know what I come up with.

Last edited:
Thanks! I don't think I'll be up for sewing up custom straps or anything like that, but if it's reasonably close to plug & play I think that would be a good option for what I'm looking for.

Kostrize

WKR
Great review man, appreciate the details and close up of each system. You did a better job of that than some manufacturers. Helped me a lot

I thought the video was very good. After watching, I knew that I needed a Stone Glacier pack and was able to buy a frame and bag from different sellers here on Rokslide and will now be able to do my own comparison with the Kifaru and Exo packs that I already own. Looking forward to making my first trek into the wilderness in a couple of weeks.

I just released a video comparing Kifaru, Exo Mtn Gear, and Stone Glacier. This is part one in which I simply just go over the bag and frame, and put them under a quick load to get an idea of how they will perform this fall hunting season.

Particularly:
Kifaru 44 Mag + Duplex Lite Frame
Exo Mtn Gear K3 4800 + K3 Frame
Stone Glacier Sky 5900 + Xcurve Frame

It's a long video because I wanted to cover as much as I could with each pack system. Peep the description of the video to see timestamps to help navigate you through the video if you don't have the time to (or just don't want to) watch it in full.

Link:

There are some minor issues throughout the video like wrong terminology, so forgive me for being a little dumb here and there. Let me know what you guys think!
Did you ever take a look at the outdoorsman packs?