Backpack Review

shax2lex

Lil-Rokslider
Good review. I bet you could do a 3rd part and talk about how you packed up and ran each one during the hunts.

Lobo525

FNG
Hey folks, I just uploaded part two onto YouTube if you're interested. If you have any thoughts, questions, or feedback, I'd love to hear it!

Hey Samong great review. I'm in the market for a pack and stuck between the Exo and SG. After you were sent the stiffer lumbar pad for the Exo, would you say it carried heavy loads as good as the SG. Or is the SG just overall better under heavy loads?

OP
SamongYang
Hey Samong great review. I'm in the market for a pack and stuck between the Exo and SG. After you were sent the stiffer lumbar pad for the Exo, would you say it carried heavy loads as good as the SG. Or is the SG just overall better under heavy loads?
Thanks! After swapping out the stock lumbar pad on the Exo with the new one, both the Exo and SG felt very similar under heavy loads. There were small differences with both suspensions but that is expected because they use different shoulder straps, hip belts, and lumbar designs. My consensus is they both were rock solid and I really can't say one was better than the other.

I will state that I never got to haul an equal or similar max-weight between the Stone Glacier and Exo. My heaviest load with the SG when hunting was only about 80lbs while my heaviest with the Exo (new lumbar pad) was just over 100lbs. The Exo has proven its 100lb load capabilities to me while I can't definitively say the same with SG yet. My only 100lbs load with the SG was my mock-test with two 50lb sandbags. The thing is that simulations like these aren't always the most accurate representation as to how it performs out hunting. However, nothing on the SG is hinting to me that it would give out or be uncomfortable with 100lb loads out hunting. So I can't say for sure right now, but I would say that the SG would be just as good with 100lbs as well.

Between these two right now, I would draw a tie on comfort and focus more on pack design and features. That's just according to my current experience and opinion though.

Lobo525

FNG
Thanks! After swapping out the stock lumbar pad on the Exo with the new one, both the Exo and SG felt very similar under heavy loads. There were small differences with both suspensions but that is expected because they use different shoulder straps, hip belts, and lumbar designs. My consensus is they both were rock solid and I really can't say one was better than the other.

I will state that I never got to haul an equal or similar max-weight between the Stone Glacier and Exo. My heaviest load with the SG when hunting was only about 80lbs while my heaviest with the Exo (new lumbar pad) was just over 100lbs. The Exo has proven its 100lb load capabilities to me while I can't definitively say the same with SG yet. My only 100lbs load with the SG was my mock-test with two 50lb sandbags. The thing is that simulations like these aren't always the most accurate representation as to how it performs out hunting. However, nothing on the SG is hinting to me that it would give out or be uncomfortable with 100lb loads out hunting. So I can't say for sure right now, but I would say that the SG would be just as good with 100lbs as well.

Between these two right now, I would draw a tie on comfort and focus more on pack design and features. That's just according to my current experience and opinion though.
Thanks for the response i appreciate it. This was extremely helpful, I will be going with the Exo since I feel the pack design will better fit my needs. Look forward to seeing more of your content.

OP
SamongYang
Thanks for the response i appreciate it. This was extremely helpful, I will be going with the Exo since I feel the pack design will better fit my needs. Look forward to seeing more of your content.
No problem! I'm not sure if you saw the pinned comment or not, but Mark and I agreed that we should give away the Exo K3 4800 in this review to one of the viewers. We're planning on making the giveaway go live on January 28th and have it run through February 4th or so. It's not finalized yet, but I will update the pinned comment with the proper giveaway entry details on this pack review video on YouTube.

You're obviously more than welcome to purchase a brand new one, but I figured I would let you know since you decided to go with the Exo!

Last edited:

Lobo525

FNG
No problem! I'm not sure if you saw the pinned comment or not, but Mark and I agreed that we should give away the Exo K3 4800 in this review away to one of the viewers. We're planning on making the giveaway go live on January 28th and have it run through February 4th or so. It's not finalized yet, but I will update the pinned comment with the proper giveaway entry details on this pack review video on YouTube.

You're obviously more than welcome to purchase a brand new one, but I figured I would let you know since you decided to go with the Exo!
Awesome thanks for the heads up. I'm going to hold off and try my luck. Thanks again.

OP
SamongYang
Awesome thanks for the heads up. I'm going to hold off and try my luck. Thanks again.
The giveaway link is live for you to get entered. This giveaway will end on February 7th!

Best of luck and thanks for watching!

Vandy321

WKR
Have owned all 3, packed meat with 2 of the 3....agree with you on the SG, it's comfortable, stable and a workhorse.

Nice work on those bulls and thanks for the videos!

Lobo525

FNG
The giveaway link is live for you to get entered. This giveaway will end on February 7th!

Best of luck and thanks for watching!

Awesome thanks Samong I appreciate it.

6.5x284

WKR

Can you clarify if you just installed the $4.99 additional lumbar insert from EXO, or if this was in fact an entirely different lumbar pad that’s not listed on their website? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lobo525

FNG
Can you clarify if you just installed the $4.99 additional lumbar insert from EXO, or if this was in fact an entirely different lumbar pad that’s not listed on their website? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I reached out to EXO with the same question. It is in fact a different lumbar pad, their " Extra Dense Lumbar Pad". Which at the moment is not listed on their website, but will be shortly. If buying a new pack you can request the Extra Dense Lumbar Pad to be installed instead of the stock one. If looking to buy just the pad from my understanding it should be listed on their site in about a week or so.

I took a lone wolf custom gear tree stand seat (blemish for $10) and cut it to fit the lumbar sleeve. I definitely like the extra firm feel that the new pad provides.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk