Backpack rifle cover option??

Johnksully

Lil-Rokslider
I need to get a rifle cover for backpack hunts. I'm looking for something that's fast and light. What everyone's favorite? Solo HNTR...Sthealhty?? Other options?

dan25

Lil-Rokslider
Gunslicker and don't look back. Weigh nothing and keep dry and protected

We use this and it has been awesome:

Caldwell Allweather Fast Case Gun Cover with FDE Color, PVC Lined Fabric, Water Resistance and Quick Access Design for Outdoor, Range, Shooting and Hunting https://a.co/d/gJhyiCq

RyanC

WKR
I've been using the Solo HNTR rifle cover for a few years now with no complaints. It works just as expected and the price is right.

I mainly want something over the end of the barrel. But something over the gun would be good.
I have a rapid rifle cover, and it’s been a good cover, and it’s small to have in your pack when not in use… I treat it with waterproof spray every year and that’s worked well

When it’s really raining, I still prefer tape on the barrel and bikini scope covers, but for your use, I think the rapid rifle cover is worth a look

jdubrr

Lil-Rokslider
I was actually just looking at this early and found this from Eberlestock, cheaper than the Stealth hunter version but looks pretty solid for $80

Attachments

• rifle cover.png
    rifle cover.png
    181.8 KB · Views: 25

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
What do you need a cover for?

I used to have a solo hunter one and liked it. But ever since someone made fun of me and called it a rifle condum, I can't be seen in public with one.
So now I just trash my rifles......and since they are tikkas, they work just fine. 😁😁

Randy

cs1

FNG
I bought one of Midway’s version and the Caldwell. I like Midway’s better because it’s longer and less stiff. I mainly bought it for putting the rifle in the pack while hiking in before daylight and for hauling meat back. I also always have electric tape over the muzzle.
Neither of the models listed above have loops to secure it to the outside of a pack with webbing; you would just have to lash it tight enough for it not to move. I originally wanted a Solohunter after seeing one in the field but the non-camo ones weren’t in stock so i went with the Midway and Caldwell.