Backpack Shootout - 9 Backpacks Go HEAD to HEAD ***Updated 8/5/2020***

I was going to go for the Kuiu, but ended up getting a Kifaru 22mag. It’s very comfortable and well built. For reference I’m 5’8” 155#

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Venom One

WKR
The KUIU fits me better.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
We are similar in size and your very positive review of the Kuiu, combined with the 2020 Pack Review by The Huntin Fool guys, convinced me to pull the trigger on a new Kuiu Pro 3600 during their 25% off sale a few days ago. Looking forward to having it in-hand. Thanks again for the excellent pack review....I'd have never guessed that the Sitka would do so well...

This has got to be one of the more extensive reviews I’ve seen to date. Thanks for all the hard work. You definitely helped me pick out my new pack

Chirogrow

Lil-Rokslider
we have been covering SO!!

ES hasn’t been covered but there are lots of members at that price point, so it’s in there. Same with Mystery Ranch and KUIU, haven’t covered those as much.

No matter how many we cover they’ll always be people that want more in there.

I just tested three of the leading sleeping bags in their class, yet half the comments I get are “why didn’t you test this one? Or why did you test this one?”

At some point, too many products in a review becomes unmanageable for the writer, and even the reader.

We felt like this lineup is covering a wide variety and is still manageable for Zach.

Just wanted to say thank you very much for this shootout! I loved all of it and feel bad for some of the responses you have received. I appreciate the time you took to lug all these different packs around and give feedback!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Just wanted to say thank you very much for this shootout! I loved all of it and feel bad for some of the responses you have received. I appreciate the time you took to lug all these different packs around and give feedback!

You are very welcome man. And we’re thankful for @Zach Herold for grinding this out. He’s working on another epic head to head in a different line of gear, so watch for that soon

You are very welcome man. And we’re thankful for Zach for grinding this out. He’s working on another epic head to head in a different line of gear, so watch for that soon

Awesome, would love to see more of this kind of experiential and rigorous comparative gear evaluation.

Old-Cat

Lil-Rokslider
I just found this thread. I loved the methodology and the extensiveness of these tests. It’s not often one gets an unbiased review, this is about as close as a person can get.

Great work! Thanks much!

Edit. I think I’ll pull the trigger on the Kuiu sale pack. Winks.

Double edit. Ordered. It was tough to beat 30% off , that price point makes me feel more comfortable about taking a shot w the pack and frame system.

Last edited:

Floridave

FNG
Yikes! Never saw this review but I ordered a Kuiu Pro LT 4000 pack a few days ago. Scared to watch the review of packs now in case I screwed up!

Old-Cat

Lil-Rokslider
Yikes! Never saw this review but I ordered a Kuiu Pro LT 4000 pack a few days ago. Scared to watch the review of packs now in case I screwed up!

As always stuff like this is subjective, but nonetheless kuiu rated high.

I was impressed by the effort taken to give a real world review, watch away.

Jake_B

Lil-Rokslider
I just found this thread as I’m considering my 1st pack for whitetail deer. I’ve been leaning towards Eberlestock F1 mainframe but am now leaning towards Kuiu.

Appreciate all the work that went into these reviews, thank you!

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
This has got to be one of the more extensive reviews I’ve seen to date. Thanks for all the hard work. You definitely helped me pick out my new pack

I'm glad you enjoyed it.