Backpack Shootout - 9 Backpacks Go HEAD to HEAD ***Updated 8/5/2020***

Simon85

FNG
Ich werde einige der führenden Packs gegeneinander testen. Ich habe mehrere Testreihen, um Jagd- und Rucksack-Szenarien zu simulieren.

Ich werde testen:
  • KIFARU
  • KUIU
  • Steingletscher
  • Exo
  • Eberlee Stock
  • Erstaufstieg
  • Mystery Ranch
  • Sitka
  • Draußen suchen
Ich hoffe, einen zweiteiligen Test an den Packs durchführen zu können. Teil 1: Tests, Funktionen, Spezifikationen, Kosten usw. Teil 2: 5+ Tagesausflug Nehmen Sie jedes Paket auf eine Reise und überprüfen Sie seine Leistung nach der Reise. Wenn die Leute, mit denen ich zusammen bin oder die ich selbst bin, auf der Reise nicht ernten, werde ich diese Packung verwenden, bis ich in der Lage bin, eine tatsächliche Packung damit zu haben.
Ich hoffe, einen zweiteiligen Test an den Packs durchführen zu können. Teil 1: Tests, Funktionen, Spezifikationen, Kosten usw. Teil 2: 5+ Tagesausflug Nehmen Sie jedes Paket auf eine Reise und überprüfen Sie seine Leistung nach der Reise. Wenn die Leute, mit denen ich zusammen bin oder die ich selbst bin, auf der Reise nicht ernten, werde ich diese Packung verwenden, bis ich in der Lage bin, eine tatsächliche Packung damit zu haben.

*** Update 05.08.2020 *** Der Rucksack-Showdown - Teil 1

Bitte lassen Sie es mich in den Kommentaren wissen:
  • Fragen, die Sie zu jedem bestimmten Paket haben.
  • Tests, die Sie gerne durchgeführt sehen würden.
  • Alles andere, was mir in den Sinn kommt.
Dankeschön!
  • Eberlee Stock

CoMtnMike

FNG
I'd agree with the "packs are like boots and just have to fit" comments. I went through tons of standard packs. SG and Kifaru felt not that different from Black Diamond and Osprey, very good, but still caused issues for my back (lower back surgery 7.5 years ago) I rolled the dice on SO primarily for the floating hip belt and the frame going to 28" I cant look back, for me that hip belt is revolutionary and conforms without pressure points or pinch points. And I run it at 26" for daypack and normal backpacking and 28" for hauling meat or family/kid backpacking. But if your hips and back like standard backpack styles then you may not appreciate that revolution...

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
**UPDATE**

KUIU has sent a pro suspension (hip belt, shoulder straps and frame) for part two of the tests HELL YEAH. I will be putting it through the ringer.

So far I have used every pack on 3 day or longer hunt except the KUIU because it just arrived. I have used the SO, SG, Sitka, Exo to haul meat leaving the Kifaru, Initial Ascent, and KUIU to be used during a meat pack out.

I am finding out some great things about each pack that I feel could only be learned when used for extended amounts of time. I appreciate all of your continued support and interest in the test and am excited to bring you Part 2 when hunting season is over. I will post another update with a rough time frame for Part 2 to be released when hunting season ends.

This has been a very helpful thread. Every time I think I've decided which pack to get I find a thread like this and question everything. 😂 It's a bummer that the western hunt expo isn't going to happen in '21, cuz I'd really like to try several of these packs on for myself. Can't wait to see part 2 of this review.

Lochtsa71

Lil-Rokslider
This has been a great thread and the review was very well done.
Im glad you tested the Kuiu and Sitka because I'd never heard anything really positive under heavy load.
I have experience with Exo, Mystery Ranch, SG, and running Kifaru now. I had the same issue this season hauling heavy loads with my Kifaru belt, it just didn't feel right.
Being in Boise and seeing your review for Initial Accent has me interested because they are 30 miles away. I'm definitely going to reach out and try one on for fit under load.
Thanks again for your work, it's going to help people and expose them to brands they might have written off based on bias.

Team Initial Ascent

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
This has been a great thread and the review was very well done.
Im glad you tested the Kuiu and Sitka because I'd never heard anything really positive under heavy load.
I have experience with Exo, Mystery Ranch, SG, and running Kifaru now. I had the same issue this season hauling heavy loads with my Kifaru belt, it just didn't feel right.
Being in Boise and seeing your review for Initial Accent has me interested because they are 30 miles away. I'm definitely going to reach out and try one on for fit under load.
Thanks again for your work, it's going to help people and expose them to brands they might have written off based on bias.
Thanks for your interest. Give us a holler and we’ll schedule a time to take you through our system and get you fitted. Dennis

eoperator

WKR
Packs have a very personal fit, I did a kuiu vs Mr vs exo vs kifaru last year. Kuiu was by far the least comfortable to me with kifaru being the most comfy, ymmv.

I'd agree with the "packs are like boots and just have to fit" comments. I went through tons of standard packs. SG and Kifaru felt not that different from Black Diamond and Osprey, very good, but still caused issues for my back (lower back surgery 7.5 years ago) I rolled the dice on SO primarily for the floating hip belt and the frame going to 28" I cant look back, for me that hip belt is revolutionary and conforms without pressure points or pinch points. And I run it at 26" for daypack and normal backpacking and 28" for hauling meat or family/kid backpacking. But if your hips and back like standard backpack styles then you may not appreciate that revolution...
totally agree.

i'm on the other side of that, the revolution doesn't work for me.... love everything about the SO packs other than how they fit me. i know that's not due to the pack, it's my body and how i like carrying weight... it's a shame, because they are the most adjustable system there is, super light, well constructed, etc.

my EXO handles heavy loads so much better for me, and sounds like you are the opposite. neither pack is better or worse, both great products, one fits you well, the other fits me well...

Team Initial Ascent

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
New guy here. My first big purchase is gonna be my pack. I can’t wait to read through this entire thread.
Welcome man! Your pack and your boots are the most important pieces of gear aside from your weapon. As far as packs go, if you need any questions answered about the Initial Ascent system, please let us know. Just know that you will be talking directly to one of the owners and we’d be happy to help. Thanks!

Wapiti1

WKR
New guy here. My first big purchase is gonna be my pack. I can’t wait to read through this entire thread.
With all due respect to the pack makers and testers. Buy boots first. NO pack will help with blisters on your feet. Second higher dollar purchase? No contest get a pack.

These two, IMO are the things that make or break a hunt. I wear both 100% of the time that I am hiking with or without a big load. If one or the other is wrong, I suffer. I can be happy if I'm cold, wet, look stupid, not matching my camo, and I'll even be happy seeing no game on occasion, but I'm never happy if I have blisters or my pack is causing issues.

Just my 2 cents. Boots first. Pack second.

Jeremy

100% agree with Jeremy. Boots are definitely the most important piece of gear aside from making sure you are at the correct skill level with your weapon. Im getting a few different packs and trying them all out and whatever I dont like will go to my boys to have for when they can start coming with me in a few years. Already have a few SG and sitka packs and will be getting some exo stuff next year.
Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk