Backpack Shootout - 9 Backpacks Go HEAD to HEAD ***Updated 8/5/2020***

I currently have an Eberlestock J107 Dragonfly. It has been a great pack but is heavy in today's standards. Looking to buy a >7000ci pack so this thread has been super helpful. Love the video review!

AD338

FNG
I'm currently looking at several of these packs and I'm left in suspense to get the part 2 details and impressions through his use of the packs. This is one of the best reviews I've seen, and actually relevant, in my opinion.

Hofhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome review. Currently running a SG. This review makes me curious if there is a pack out there that would fit me even better then the SG. Intrigued by the Initial Ascent packs. Thanks for the review!

k.cooper42

Lil-Rokslider
Following along as I’m in the market for a new pack. Can’t wait to see part 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J5Hunt

FNG
Makes me think about upgrading my suspension on my Kuiu pack and focusing more on how green the grass is on my own side of the fence. Thanks for the review! Very diverse and helps me make an informed decision. God Bless!

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm currently looking at several of these packs and I'm left in suspense to get the part 2 details and impressions through his use of the packs. This is one of the best reviews I've seen, and actually relevant, in my opinion.
I appreciate the kind words. I hope you enjoyed it and I am currently working on editing part 2.

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
**UPDATE**

Hey everyone I really appreciate all of your input and feedback. I am glad the review has been helpful to so many people. First off and foremost I want everyone to know I did my best to give the most unbiased review I could. Secondly I treated the packs all the same and was hard on all of them. The last thing I ever want to do is recommend a pack that won't hold up. Lastly, I have started piecing together part 2 and hope to have it ready for everyone late January to early February. Again thanks for the support and feedback and I look forward to all of it regarding Part 2.

GabeAK

FNG
**UPDATE**

Hey everyone I really appreciate all of your input and feedback. I am glad the review has been helpful to so many people. First off and foremost I want everyone to know I did my best to give the most unbiased review I could. Secondly I treated the packs all the same and was hard on all of them. The last thing I ever want to do is recommend a pack that won't hold up. Lastly, I have started piecing together part 2 and hope to have it ready for everyone late January to early February. Again thanks for the support and feedback and I look forward to all of it regarding Part 2.

Looking forward to it.

Cody111

FNG
I have been following along on this thread and just soaking up the information. I will be looking to get one of these packs soon. Looking forward to part 2.

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
I currently have an Eberlestock J107 Dragonfly. It has been a great pack but is heavy in today's standards. Looking to buy a >7000ci pack so this thread has been super helpful. Love the video review!
Glad you enjoyed it. You might look into the KUIU pro frame with the Pro LT 7000. Sounds like that could potentially be what you are looking for.

I ended up going with the Stone Glacier Sky Talus 6900 with X-curve frame. I also picked up the Approach 1800 since it attaches to the Talus and can be used as a day pack after packing in. They are a great pack and fit well. Your honest reviews of all the packs helped narrow down my decision and appreciate all of your work.