Backpack smells after summer training??

pfraze

FNG
I've often wondered how everyone gets their pack ready for hunting after training hard all summer. I plan on doing a lot more training this year in the off season and can only imagine what it will smell like after the summer months in the humid Midwest where I live.

I don’t worry about it. I stink more than my pack does after hiking for days in the same clothes. If you think you need to hit it with some water and hang to dry.

OP
pfraze

pfraze

FNG
That's what I usually do, I always try to play the wind as well. Just wondered what everyone else done. Thanks

JasonWi

WKR
I soak my pack in a tub of water with oxyclean, it might take a few times to get the odors out. I usually soak it about one hour, drain the water out rinse the pack off and then soak again overnight. I've gotten blood, dirt and sweat stains to come out that way.

I soak my pack in a tub of water with oxyclean, it might take a few times to get the odors out. I usually soak it about one hour, drain the water out rinse the pack off and then soak again overnight. I've gotten blood, dirt and sweat stains to come out that way.

I think he is referring to the frame/harness/belt. You soak yours?

The bag is easy. Throw it in the washer.

JasonWi

WKR
Yes, I soak the frame and belts as I described. You can take the belt off if you want to but I usually leave it all together.

OP
pfraze

pfraze

FNG
Thanks guys, I have done the oxyclean/bath tub soak several times. Great for blood removal.

tac83

FNG
oxyclean, sometimes a touch of vinegar in the initial soak to kill bacteria

Glad I opened this thread. My thread was going to be "should I wash my bag separate from my belt?"

Time to take years of sweat and blood out of this BT1 ;)

njdoxie

WKR
i have a training pack for smell and wear and tear issues. My hunting pack only goes hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk