Backpack tahr hunt what rain gear?

Going for 9 days in May on the South Island for tahr and chamois. We will be backpacking in for 6 or so days. I have a set of Yukon gear but I am bowhunting and those pants are loud. So I don’t really want that to be my main pant. Here is what I’m thinking.

Attack pant/chugach combo for bottoms
Yukon jacket for top

Or do you guys just think I should run chugach top and bottoms or just Yukon too and bottoms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

orbowhunt

Lil-Rokslider
You should be good with the chugach pants. Are you hunting west or east coast? In my experience, it rains so hard and often on the west coast that you wont ever be dry, regardless of rain gear. East coast and you'll be good. Bring some good gaiters too.

OP
Jtelarkin08
You should be good with the chugach pants. Are you hunting west or east coast? In my experience, it rains so hard and often on the west coast that you wont ever be dry, regardless of rain gear. East coast and you'll be good. Bring some good gaiters too.

So the more I’ve been thinking about it the more I am leaning to the Yukon. Reason being all those bushes going from the bottom up the mountain. Plus it will actually save me some weight to just run the Yukon’s. I figure if the weather is nice, no wind and clear I can just strip down to my wool bottoms or underwear to make the stalk if I have to.

bobbyrowman

Lil-Rokslider
So the more I’ve been thinking about it the more I am leaning to the Yukon. Reason being all those bushes going from the bottom up the mountain. Plus it will actually save me some weight to just run the Yukon’s. I figure if the weather is nice, no wind and clear I can just strip down to my wool bottoms or underwear to make the stalk if I have to.

Play it like a kiwi and pack a pair of rugby shorts to chuck on over your longjohns.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

JP100

WKR
Going for 9 days in May on the South Island for tahr and chamois. We will be backpacking in for 6 or so days. I have a set of Yukon gear but I am bowhunting and those pants are loud. So I don’t really want that to be my main pant. Here is what I’m thinking.

Attack pant/chugach combo for bottoms
Yukon jacket for top

Or do you guys just think I should run chugach top and bottoms or just Yukon too and bottoms?

Bring the attacks and Yukons.

Chugach pants dont do that well in our scrub.
Your better off with Yukon bottoms and a Chugach jacket than the other way around.

Doesnt matter what your wearing our scrub is noisy, and the tussock is quite no matter what your wearing.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

I recently got the yukon and I'm very impressed, If I hadn't of gotten that, Id have goteen the kryptek version.